Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Propeller Mini Plug and Play — Parallax Forums

Propeller Mini Plug and Play

I designed this board for the propeller mini so that I could just plug in whatever device I needed to tryout without having to wire things up.

I notices that a lot of devices that I need to use have some common hookups. Power, Ground, Clock, Data, Rx, Tx, Chip select and so on.

I also like the idea of being untethered to the computer or power. Some designs need to be remote or on the go.

I have attached a few picture of the design. Using the propeller mini and adding straight pins for the prop plug you can plug the board into the base board and either use the prop plug on the inside 4 pins or use the Parallax WX WiFi module and program it remotely or use it a communication device.

The board has two solder blubs on it so you can select to use a switching power supply for either the 3.3v or the 5v source and there are jumper plug in the corner so you can select what voltage is available on each of the plug ports on the side. I use a Lipo battery for powering the unit so I have a JST plug attached that will supply 7 volts to the board.

So to run the laser ping sensor and a OLED display all I have to do is plug them in and set the pins in my program and I'm off and running. Look ma no jumper wires.

Mike
1263 x 616 - 56K
2560 x 1440 - 1M

Comments

• This would be perfect for a middle school classroom! No wiring disasters involved! Great focus on the programming experience!
  • This would be perfect for a middle school classroom! No wiring disasters involved! Great focus on the programming experience!

I agree. A splendid way to introduce them to a better pair of programming languages instead of the kludge used by that A*** thing.

Now where'd you find that quote?
    "Hey that's my line!" Doctor McCoy.
  • AwesomeCronkAwesomeCronk Posts: 1,055
    edited 2019-04-01 17:36
    Now where'd you find that quote?

@"Buck Rogers"
    Me? My current quote was taken from a video on how the falcon rockets are to accerate.
  • The basic idea is similar to a homebrew pcb that I use for prototyping and one-off projects, although this is a much more compact and savvy design. Kudos. I rather like the ability to select the power supply for each connector and may steal that idea for any future iterations.
  • iseries,
    That is a great idea. I really need to follow this example because I get myself into a real tangle when integrating modules into a prototype project;