Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Prop C Build Errors — Parallax Forums

Prop C Build Errors

I am currently having issues with Simple IDE. The build appears to be failing at the very end of the build sequence. Does anyone know what the problem is? Done. Build Succeeded! proploader.exe -r -I C:/Program Files (x86)/SimpleIDE/bin/../propeller-gcc/propeller-load/ -b rcfast -p COM3 cmm/Welcome.elf Opening file 'cmm/Welcome.elf' ERROR: Download failed: -1 Opening file 'cmm/Welcome.elf' ERROR: Download failed: -1

Comments

• Have you checked to see if the correct COM port is selected? If there are more than one COM port, try selecting the other port and see if that fixes your problem.
  • Coop123 wrote: »
    I am currently having issues with Simple IDE. The build appears to be failing at the very end of the build sequence. Does anyone know what the problem is? Done. Build Succeeded! proploader.exe -r -I C:/Program Files (x86)/SimpleIDE/bin/../propeller-gcc/propeller-load/ -b rcfast -p COM3 cmm/Welcome.elf Opening file 'cmm/Welcome.elf' ERROR: Download failed: -1 Opening file 'cmm/Welcome.elf' ERROR: Download failed: -1
    In the Help menu of SimpleIDE, Choose "Build Error Rescue" and use the provided "Copy" button to copy all of the build text and post it here... There may be some other info in that text which may help in debugging this problem. The error is reporting that it cannot open the elf file that should have been built for a successful compile. Can you look for the file in that directory (where ever cmm is located on your system)?

And, if you can ZIP-up the project (Project menu's ZIP menu item will do this for you) and attach it to a post, forum folks can better help you.

dgately
  • Thanks for the response. I checked the build Error Rescue and found from further investigation that the Prop had been zapped somehow by ESD. The Propeller Tool was able to identify the Propeller Chip on Com3 but was unable to load a simple example program and run it. Unlike the prop Tool the Simple IDE was able to determine at the time of download that it was failing.

ESD is the only thing I haven't been actively trying to avoid, and it seems this could have caused the chip's early demise. The other theory is that my 12 V motor control circuit needs to be on a different power source than my processor. So I am going to try to do that too.