Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
BS-2 Code for DS3234 Real-time clock — Parallax Forums

BS-2 Code for DS3234 Real-time clock

Here is a program that monitors a DS3234 (on a breakout, from IIRC, AdaFruit). It uses a 2x16 Parallax serial LCD for display.

I solved the "how do you set the clock?" question by writing a separate program that does only that.

The RunDS3234 program handles daylight saving. The way I did it involves a bit that is set one hour each year. That amused me. The program also uses the speaker on the LCD sound a "chime" on the hour.

2048 x 1536 - 830K
2048 x 1536 - 584K
2048 x 1536 - 660K

Comments

• Oh wow! Amazing. It solves perhaps six problems for me. And Micro Center does carry those clock breakout boards.

Tom what prompted this one? Was it "I have both so I'll make the Stamp work for it." approach?

And what about wiring the little fellow to the Stamp? I presume that's enclosed in the comments for the first one?
  • The Stamp pins are defined with the PIN statements near the top. Clearly you can change them to suit your wiring.

Glad to have helped solve (a) problem.
  • The Stamp pins are defined with the PIN statements near the top. Clearly you can change them to suit your wiring.

Glad to have helped solve (a) problem.

Of course.
    And if I make it work 'round November, I'll certainly remember to give credit to you Tom for the problem in question.

----
    Oh and this one and the previous are being sponsored by the Himalayan Snow Leopard management community, they manage land for themselves and ignore the people for the Yetis.
  • Gotta make it work by first Sunday November, man, or you can't real-time test falling back!!!!

Springing Forward is easy.

:smile: