Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Where to find Updated(?) GCC binaries for Windows? — Parallax Forums

Where to find Updated(?) GCC binaries for Windows?

Wuerfel_21Wuerfel_21 Posts: 4,461
edited 2018-10-22 01:48 in Propeller 1
Well, i've just tried to compile some code written for GCC and it failed. I think my version of GAS is too old. Except that it's the version that comes with the latest SimpleIDE? (which was released after the code in question was written!) Whatever the problem might be, I'd like some GCC/GAS binaries that work please. (I could try compiling from source, but that usually takes a headache and I'm sure someone has those binaries)

For reference, here are the errors I get:
C:\Users\Wuerfel\Downloads\retronitus-composer-0.2.0\Player>make
propeller-elf-g++ -mlmm -Os -Wall -fdata-sections -ffunction-sections -I. -o Player.o -c Player.cpp
propeller-elf-gcc -x assembler-with-cpp -o Retronitus_driver.o -c Retronitus_driver.s
Retronitus_driver.s: Assembler messages:
Retronitus_driver.s:23: Error: unknown pseudo-op: `.pasm'
Retronitus_driver.s:40: Error: Unknown instruction 'par, #c1_patternPointer'
Retronitus_driver.s:42: Error: junk at end of line, first unrecognized character is `:'
Retronitus_driver.s:43: Error: Unknown instruction 'par, val512'
Retronitus_driver.s:45: Error: bad expression
Retronitus_driver.s:45: Error: Too many operands
Retronitus_driver.s:426: Error: bad expression
Retronitus_driver.s:426: Error: junk at end of line, first unrecognized character is `_'
Retronitus_driver.s:427: Error: bad expression
Retronitus_driver.s:427: Error: junk at end of line, first unrecognized character is `_'
Retronitus_driver.s:428: Error: bad expression
Retronitus_driver.s:428: Error: junk at end of line, first unrecognized character is `_'
make: *** [Makefile:45: Retronitus_driver.o] Error 1

C:\Users\Wuerfel\Downloads\retronitus-composer-0.2.0\Player>where propeller-elf-gcc
C:\Program Files (x86)\SimpleIDE\propeller-gcc\bin\propeller-elf-gcc.exe

Edit: in the meantime, i managed to do what i wanted using a hex editor. Would still like a working gcc/gas.