Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Looking for beta testers for Badge WX PropBasic libraries — Parallax Forums

Looking for beta testers for Badge WX PropBasic libraries

BeanBean Posts: 8,129
edited 2018-09-20 01:20 in Propeller 1
I am developing a set of libraries to use PropBasic on the Parallax Badge WX (item #20300) https://www.parallax.com/product/20300

If anyone has a Badge WX and is interested in programming it in PropBasic, please reply in this thread or send me a PM.

I have already coded libraries for the following:
RGB and Status LEDs
WIFI (Telnet)
Accelerometer
Rocker and Touch buttons
Audio (Tones)

Here is an example program that receives a string from WiFi (Telnet) and displays it on the OLED.
'------------------------------
' PropBasic Badge WX Demo
'------------------------------

DEVICE P8X32A, XTAL1, PLL16X
FREQ 80_000_000

' Libraries
LOAD "Lib_BWX_OLED.pbas"    ' SSD1306 128x64 pixels 
LOAD "Lib_BWX_WiFi.pbas"    ' Telnet

Ascii  HUB STRING(80)

PROGRAM Start LMM
'{$DEFINE LMM}

Start:
  OLED_Start
  WIFI_Start
  DO
    WIFI_RecvStr Ascii
    OLED_CLS
    OLED_PrintStr Ascii
  LOOP
  WIFI_Stop
  OLED_Stop
END

Bean

Comments

• Wish I had a badge but I don't even understand what they are for :-D
  • PublisonPublison Posts: 12,366
    edited 2018-09-20 16:57
    Terry,

I get my badge on Friday. Looks like Monday now, (I dislike the Li-Po restrictions).
    I'd be happy to test.
  • ... (I dislike the Li-Po restrictions). ...

The back of the Badge looks like it takes three AA batteries?

Ray
  • My bad on that. The other items in the shipment had Li-Po's.
  • JonnyMacJonnyMac Posts: 8,926
    edited 2018-09-20 18:09
    When my badges arrive I'll give the libraries a try.
  • wish I had a badge but I don't even understand what they are for

Yep that was my reaction. Sure there's a nice collection of bits to try out, but it was designed as a 'badge' and I fail to see the point. Now I know I don't get out much, and I am accustomed to seeing everyone consumed with their electrical toys while working, eating, sleeping???, but what do you do with this badge (I suppose its worn somewhere?) with a display too small for me to see at a distance, and buttons and knobs the wearer presumably cant see? Are people expected to come up and squint at your chest? (is it for men only?).Please someone kindly enlighten this aging old git (me) as to why I would want one. :blush:

Dave
  • How did you do the FAT filesystem access in PropBASIC? Did you build an interface to allow you to use one of the SD card Spin objects or did you write FAT access code in PropBASIC itself?
  • BeanBean Posts: 8,129
    David,
    I haven't done the SD card library yet. That one is going to be the hardest.
    I am going to try to write it all in PropBasic.

Bean
  • Bean wrote: »
    David,
    I haven't done the SD card library yet. That one is going to be the hardest.
    I am going to try to write it all in PropBasic.

Bean
    I'm in the same position. I'd like to have SD support in my C-like object-oriented language but writing the FAT code from scratch seems a bit daunting. I wrote some C code at one point that could read FAT files but writing them is much more complicated.
  • BeanBean Posts: 8,129
    Okay I have posted the first version 0.1beta of the libraries in the main thread under "customer projects" here https://forums.parallax.com/discussion/168926

Even if you don't have your badge yet, have a look and let me know what you think.

Bean