Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Blockly isn't for Babies Webinar (looking for real-world BlocklyProp projects) — Parallax Forums

Blockly isn't for Babies Webinar (looking for real-world BlocklyProp projects)

Ken GraceyKen Gracey Posts: 7,386
edited 2018-04-05 03:25 in General Discussion
Hey all,

In a couple of weeks I'm running a webinar where we'll look at the code, block diagrams and testimony of commercial developers who've made products using BlocklyProp. This is part of my drive to show that Blockly can do real things, like any other language. Considering it was borne from screen games and kid coding projects, our use is quite unique.

So far I have DropCopter and a Desktop Vending Machine, along with my Autonomous Surface Vehicle (which will probably challenge Phil Pilgrim in a summertime navigation contents in Port Townsend).

I could use another project or two. Anybody else building something I don't know about, and willing to share?

Ken Gracey baby.png
576 x 597 - 35K

Comments

• Don MDon M Posts: 1,647
    edited 2018-04-05 21:42
    Ken- do you have a link to the desktop vending machine project?
  • Don M wrote: »
    Ken- do you have a link to the desktop vending machine project?

Join my webinar.

Ken Gracey

• Don MDon M Posts: 1,647
    edited 2018-04-06 01:12
    Where do I go to join?

I found it... I think.
  • Pretty sure I could code an escape room puzzle with Blockly -- most of those programs I write for escape rooms are small and straightforward.
  • ...hmmmmmm

Maybe, just maybe this webinar might be what I need to dip my toe into things Propeller.

Guess I'll sign up and find out - *8)
  • davejames wrote: »
    ...hmmmmmm

Maybe, just maybe this webinar might be what I need to dip my toe into things Propeller.

Guess I'll sign up and find out - *8)

What? You've been waiting since last time I saw you at the Parallax EXPO, maybe around 2012? Dave James....your PBASIC background will be right at home with this tool! Join in, come on back!

Today I'm at USASEF, an educational event with a reported 350K attendees. Is that even possible? Seems so - the aisles were 12 people thick! I talked to more people who got wrapped up and frustrated with Arduinos, but felt right at home with BlocklyProp. That's not you, but it's just to point out that it's a really welcoming programming environment.

See ya at the webinar!

Maybe I need to host a Blockly World Summit at Parallax so you come see us.

Ken Gracey

• Ken Gracey wrote: »

....your PBASIC background will be right at home with this tool! Join in, come on back!

See ya at the webinar!

Maybe I need to host a Blockly World Summit at Parallax so you come see us.

Ken Gracey

Mr. Gracey - I've been here all along, just lurkin' in the wings and building BS2-based projects on the side from my training day-job.

I've signed up, so you'll see my name floatin' about in all the other attendees.

Regards,

Dave