Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Who Needs a Viral Project? — Parallax Forums

Who Needs a Viral Project?

I just got an email about an eTextile patch to sense hover, touch, and pressure input, using both resistive and capacitive sensing. Given all the #MeToo news lately, my first thought was to make a ladies' sweater or equivalent with these patches everywhere that would detect an external touch and set off a loud car alarm and strobe lights. At least a Bluetooth link to your phone. Or flamethrower.

Sure, it's stupid and unnecessary, but as frenzied as the PC mainstream media is these days, if someone makes (or fakes) one, I think it wouldn't take much effort to go viral. Make the bad guys afraid to touch anyone!

Ken, code it in BlocklyProp. No such thing as bad PR!

https://www.hackster.io/fkeel/zpatch-hybrid-resistive-capacitive-etextile-input-f98ab0

Comments

• Clock LoopClock Loop Posts: 2,069
    edited 2018-03-26 05:34
    Static electricity might be effective here.

Simply charge the victim with enough static, that the perpetrator is tazed, tesla demonstrated this is completely safe.

serveimage?url=http%3A%2F%2Ft0.gstatic.com%2Fimages%3Fq%3Dtbn%3AANd9GcRfZm_554SdqgJ_3emhVomeMDdemjreUTBR7Bv_AOcBoSryQZ-z&sp=ede53412a0dab990ce73f97afc44dc81&anticache=705940
  • Heater.Heater. Posts: 21,230
    Clock Loop,
    ...tesla demonstrated this is completely safe.
    That is a very famous picture of Tesla casually sitting and reading whilst huge, lethal sparks are flying all around.

It is also fake. It's a superposition of two images, Tesla sitting in the chair and the sparks in the lab. I recall reading in a biography of Tesla that it was created as marketing material.

• If "ZPatch" actually did go viral it would be a 'head scratcher' to me: "Velostat" isn't trending to my knowledge...
  • Heater. wrote: »
    Clock Loop,
    ...tesla demonstrated this is completely safe.
    I recall reading in a biography of Tesla that it was created as marketing material.

I was kidding about it being safe, but i didn't know the image was fake.