Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
P2 QFN pitch? — Parallax Forums

P2 QFN pitch?

Hi,

I have questions regarding the pitch that will be used. I read about 0.4mm pitch, and 0.5mm pitch, and there was mentioned 0.8mm pitch. Also read somewhere that 0.4mm is set in stone, but then again not. So, what will be the final pitch for the 64 IO package?

Kind regards, Samuel Lourenço

P.S.: I hope the pitch is not 0.4mm, as that wouldn't be hobbyist friendly. About 0.5mm or greater would be solderable for me, and also pass DRC easily (I hope).

Comments

• Cluso99Cluso99 Posts: 18,069
    IIRC it is a QFP100 @0.4mm pitch. Search for P2 package which also has the pinout. The GND is the centre pad underneath.
  • cgraceycgracey Posts: 14,133
    Yes, but that package's pin pitch is 0.5mm. The body dimensions are 14x14mm.

Prop2-Hot was going to go into a 128-lead 14x14mm package with 0.4mm pitch.
  • Chip,

This might be a good thread in which to attach a recommended PCB pad diagram with dimensions, along with the current pinout -- or links to the same, if they appear elsewhere.

Thanks,
    -Phil
  • samuellsamuell Posts: 554
    edited 2017-10-07 20:16
    cgracey wrote: »
    Yes, but that package's pin pitch is 0.5mm. The body dimensions are 14x14mm.
    Thanks, Chip. I'm a bit relieved. 0.5mm is able to violate DRC, but then again it may not. I had some packages having that pitch that passed the DRC. I guess it depends on how wide are the pads. By the way, what would be the official designation(s) (e.g.: P1 was designated P8X32A, having the -D40, -M44 and -Q44 variants.
    This might be a good thread in which to attach a recommended PCB pad diagram with dimensions, along with the current pinout -- or links to the same, if they appear elsewhere.
    I agree, and if there are any other versions for the P2 (pin wise, memory wise), please, feel free to attach them too. I need to start designing the library.
  • evanhevanh Posts: 15,171
    I've been doing collecting for a while and posting in the stickied topic - http://forums.parallax.com/discussion/comment/1406983/#Comment_1406983