Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Elev 8 V2 Step 37 — Parallax Forums

Elev 8 V2 Step 37

Hello, I am working with the Elev 8 v2, and I am stuck on step 37, where I have to sync the ESCs and perform a range test. I'm using a Spektrum DX6i transmitter, and a Spektrum AR610 receiver. Gear mode is on (from what I could make out through the online manual of the transmitter I have it on by having the Gear switch in the top left to the 0 mode), the trim is at 0, and I always have my throttle stick up before attempting to sync the ESCs, but after hearing the two beeps I think I hear another beep, which i'm not sure if it is the long beep the instructions refer to.

Anyways, assuming that the long beep is correct and I did the first part right, the Range Check doesn't work. The area where I have built the drone is roughly 40 ft and I have been doing this step at roughly that range. If it is necessary to be 90 ft away, I can fix that. Apart from that I follow the instructions by going to Range Check and holding the Trainer/Bind button, I am supposed to be able to control the drone, but the motors just continue to beep, sometimes very fast, sometimes at pattern of a beep per second, sometimes not in unison. Any ideas or help would be much appreciated.

Comments

• Do you have the gear setting around 26%?

Usually, this beeping meant that the receiver ranges were outside of what the Hoverfly OPEN board viewed as acceptable.

Ken Gracey
  • I have the gear setting at 25% and all other settings correspond to step 22 of the assembly guide, and I was looking at that step again, and I realized that it says to keep the gear/flight mode switch in position 1, so I did the step I am stuck on, step 37, again with this switch in the correct position with no success. I have noticed that the HoverflyOpen board, shines a blue light when I do this step, I don't know what that signifies.
  • Ok, here's an update, I decided to use a different HoverFly Open Board because I had a second one, so I simply just placed it on top of the lid of the first one, and attached all the wires, I then did step 37, this time when I did the range check, the light was green, it turned red for a few seconds then it all four rotors started spinning. The drone flipped backwards because I had it clamped onto a table, but two of the clamps fell off and I hadn't fixed them because I wasn't expecting it too work. Because of the flip the battery fell out. I tried doing the same thing again but the light remains green, and the rotors don't spin. I don't know what to do to get them all to spin again
  • ArparasArparas Posts: 4
    edited 2017-05-08 19:13
    I got it to fly again by turning the drone on, waiting for it too turn green, then turning on the transmitter, then the light turned red, and I was able to fly it. Yet, when I try to repeat this process, the light never turns green, it turns purple. Then when I try to do it with the transmitter on first, and then turning the drone on, it does blink green, but never turns red again or allows me to fly. I am confused as to what to do to always do to fly it.