Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
0.96" OLED code for BS2p - how to ? — Parallax Forums

0.96" OLED code for BS2p - how to ?

I plan to interface uOLED 128x64 (SSD1306) to BS2p and wonder where to start.
I need to display just numbers and the OLED has I2C interface.

Hopefully somebody did it and can share a sample of .bsp code to start.

Thanks

Comments

• John

I looked for that OLED part # for Basic code samples in Parallax Object Exchange

and they're all Propellor.

Seems like you could look at those and convert them over to Stamp.

Have a nice day!
  • OBEX is only for the Propellor chip.

• John

Basic Search Stamp 12c interface.

Here's one for a keypad.

http://forums.parallax.com/discussion/87673/i2c-lcd-keypad

You'll probably still end up cross referencing early Stamp 12c material with

later Propellor OLED material to get what you want.

Have a nice day!
  • https://www.parallax.com/downloads

and type in "Nuts and Volts" in "Download Title" box.

There are eight volumes of Basic Stamp articles that may answer a bunch of your questions.
  • Duane DegnDuane Degn Posts: 10,588
    edited 2017-01-28 18:07
    I think it would be extremely hard to use one of those displays with a Basic Stamp.

Those OLED displays generally use a 1024 byte buffer to hold the bitmap being transferred to the display.

It's probably possible to generate an image on the fly and load it into the display but it would be a huge pain to program.

I'm not sure if the BS2p could even do this and if it could there would not be much room to do other things besides controlling the display.

With the Prop, you can have fonts and bitmaps on external memory if you don't want to use the Prop's main RAM to store images.

Here's an example of the Propeller controlling one of these displays:

The bitmap for the Propeller beanie is being read in from a SC card every time is changes position.

IMO, these displays are a trick to use even with the Prop. I'd be very surprised if they could be used with a BS2p.