Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Expo Events — Parallax Forums

Expo Events

ercoerco Posts: 20,256
Regarding the next Robot Expo I hope to strongarm encourage Parallax into hosting sometime soon, let's start this thread on potential events and or contests. I thought a robot "variety show" would be cool. Pretty much a chance for builders to demo whatever their bot does (well) for a few minutes each. Also, I'm thinking about a continuous robot "parade", a slow, dignified line following event. Nothing challenging, just a VERY large smooth circle/oval/perimeter line course that fifty+ robots could orbit continuously. 6 inches per second or thereabouts. Indoor or outdoors should be specified for sensor calibration. Each bot just rides the line and has a forward collision sensor to stop if the bot in front stops. All attendees are invited to place their robot (Boebot, S1, S2, S3, custom, whatever) on the line for a minute, an hour, or the whole day. Lots of bots in continuous motion would make for a better world.

Thoughts and/or other suggestions?

Comments

• TtailspinTtailspin Posts: 1,326
    edited 2016-11-16 03:26
    Genius!!

When? and Where?
  • ercoerco Posts: 20,256
    Pismo Beach, CA.

Tomorrow.

Can you assist?
  • TtailspinTtailspin Posts: 1,326
    edited 2016-11-16 04:06
    I'm in!

Gotta warn you though... Pismo is currently under construction, and parking any where near the pier is "iffy" at best.

But hey, I could paint a nice circle at the end of my street, it's a "cul-de-sac" (that's fun to say)...

-Tommy(always ready)Tailspin
  • ercoerco Posts: 20,256
    Sounds like a good match. My robots are iffy at best too...

OK, it's not today, and not Pismo. But when the time comes, you're my builder of choice. Right up there with my Parallax buddy Matt G!