serial terminal problems

When I run this listing, I get periodic errors where some of the data printed is bounced down as if it is a ghost. It happens usually when the clock rolls over to a new minute. Any ideas??
The extra lines are not updated.
“Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it.”
“You only live twice:
Once when you are born
And once when you look death in the face”

Comments

• Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    In the screenshot I would have circled the relevant values with a green circle and the errors in red so we can see where the issue is. Since it seems to happen on roll-over, I would suspect something about the way you're printing the values. Perhaps in the translation some value is being interpreted as a command, rather than data.
    Chris Savage | Engineering Tech | Main Office: (916) 624-8333 | Direct to Tech Support: (888) 997-8267 | Website | Twitter | Google+
  • Can you try commenting out your initialization of the second cog? See if that fixes it. If so, try increasing the size of your stack. Also, I can never remember without looking it up, but you may want to double-check whether the last parameter of cogstart takes the number of elements (32-bit words) or the number of bytes in the stack.
    David
    PropWare: C++ HAL (Hardware Abstraction Layer) for PropGCC; Robust build system using CMake; Integrated Simple Library, libpropeller, and libPropelleruino (Arduino port); Instructions for Eclipse and JetBrain's CLion; Example projects; Doxygen documentation
    CI Server: https://ci.zemon.name?guest=1