Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
BlocklyProp S3 Windows 7 32bit 32 bit — Parallax Forums

BlocklyProp S3 Windows 7 32bit 32 bit

On install of BlocklyProp Client the only Win choice I saw was 64 bit. Our school district uses Win 7 (32bit). I tried install of 64 but won't run: error of 32/64 problem.

I saw this thread from 2014 but the 32bit version seemed design for testing community.
http://forums.parallax.com/discussion/155208/open-propeller-project-5-blocklyprop/p5

We have lots of iPads around, but so far that is not an option, right?

Anybody have a solution?

Thanks, John

Comments

• WhitWhit Posts: 4,191
    edited 2016-09-21 21:11
    John,

I will check - but as far as I know Windows 64 bit is the only Windows option at this time. ipad is not an option either (again - as far as I know).

Sorry not be have better news... Edit - Looks like they are working on this!

I've asked some Parallax folks to weigh in on this...

• Yes, this is currenly in our work plan. We had one failed effort to create this installer recently but Jeff is working towards it again.

Chromebook support has also been requested.

Ken Gracey
  • I can confirm that we do indeed only have a 64-bit version currently and have tried to make a 32-bit version but struggled to get it to work properly. We are looking into the issue and fully intend to solve it so that we have both a 32-bit and a 64-bit version for the foreseeable future.

I'll post an update to this thread as soon as I have it.
    Ken Gracey wrote: »
    Chromebook support has also been requested.

This is good news! Lot's of schools are using Chromebooks...

• This was quite an adventure. "How many engineers does it take to...?" :-)

We now have a 32-bit BlocklyPropClient that should run on Win 7, 8, 8.1, and 10.

BlocklyPropClient-setup-32.exe

John,

Can you test and verify that it works on your systems at school?

We'd like to put this on the Production BlocklyProp site soon.
  • This was quite an adventure. "How many engineers does it take to...?" :-)

We now have a 32-bit BlocklyPropClient that should run on Win 7, 8, 8.1, and 10.

BlocklyPropClient-setup-32.exe

John,

Can you test and verify that it works on your systems at school?

We'd like to put this on the Production BlocklyProp site soon.

Would love to test this but out of my five computers, four are 64 bit, and the 32 bit is XP Pro. I can't upgrade it because I have to run old software.

• I've tested the 32 bit client on my Windows 7 netbook. It works. I just tried 2 simple programs using the C blocks -- blink an LED on a Quickstart board and a do-nothing program to use to clear the eeprom.

I like the functional nature of the blocks rather than their just being blocks of C language. I was also impressed with the number of sensors that are "blocked" and the number of community projects in just a short time since BlockProp was announced.

The only issues I have are the same issues I have with any cloud based programs -- slow loading times and connectivity. Not sure if it on my end or blocky's.

Thanks for the 32 bit client.

Tom
    edited 2016-10-01 05:42
    Great work Jeff and the unnamed multitude!
  • Sorry, Jeff, just today I saw your request to test. I'll test Tue and if it works I'll ask various students will go back to WAMM ch01 - ch06 and write BlocklyProp solutions.

My students will be HBW_ffffL for H.B. Woodlawn, first name, last initial.
    https://hbwoodlawn.apsva.us/academic-program-h-b-woodlawn/
  • So far, so good. Working fine on 3 machines running Win7.
    About 10 program written by students so far.
  • Great to hear John!