Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
BlocklyProp - block names? — Parallax Forums

BlocklyProp - block names?

To write about programs it is useful to have a specific name for each block. Is a standard established?

I've been using the category and then my best guess for a block name.
Operators/valueNumber
Comm/Terminal/printNumber

Thanks.

Comments

• Block names are being introduced in our web tutorials. We're trying to maintain consistency in their use as we develop published content.

So far we have been working with the S3 content only, but Activity Board tutorials will be coming in the near future.

Our goal is to publish a downloadable document with block names for the most common blocks, once all of our initial tutorial content has been posted. There is not yet an ETA on when this process will be complete.
  • By ActivityBoard am I correct that you're talking about the new WX?
  • Most likely since the the 32910 is EOL.
  • Activity Board WX is the officially supported board, yes.

We'll be checking compatibility with the original board (#32910) as we develop material.
  • Courtney:

Thanks for info. In my writing I'll stay consistent with the names I'm now using. Then I can do global replaces when the standard is released.

Let me know if you need testers for the BlocklyProp/ActBoard tutorials. I have two students that are at chapter 5+ on WAMM and have experience with Scratch. They are both skilled communicators.

- John