Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Quiz: Do you know your TV robots? — Parallax Forums

Quiz: Do you know your TV robots?

Found this on-line Quiz, Do you know your TV robots?
SZAuw-1443469117-13-quizzes-1200x628_robot_header.png
metv.com/quiz/quiz-do-you-know-your-tv-robots

Comments

• Thanks for the link, got all but one as I never watched the show in question.
  • ercoerco Posts: 20,254
    Great quiz! Like Martin_H, I missed one. For me, it was the last one, REM.
  • Heater.Heater. Posts: 21,230
    edited 2016-07-04 18:15
    How miserable is that?

Where is Marvin the Paranoid Android?

Or the Ed-209

• WhitWhit Posts: 4,191
    A pitiful 7 out of 11! I am going into hiding...
  • Buck RogersBuck Rogers Posts: 2,172
    edited 2016-07-05 22:36
    10 out of 11.
    I found it interesting that an old friend, K9, was shown. And even Rayna from a Star Trek episode as well.
  • Whit wrote: »
    A pitiful 7 out of 11! I am going into hiding...

Don't feel bad, I had 9 out of 11, 2 or 3 were lucky guesses.

• TorTor Posts: 2,010
    I'm with Heater. No Marvin?

I only got K9, the rest I've never heard about.

-Tor
  • I only got about half of them. I guess I don't watch enough TV!
  • I agree, Marvin should have made the list. Kryten from Red Dwarf would have been good too.
    No Marvin.

Depressing, isn't it?
  • Not really.
    erco's got them all right.
  • Not really.
    I think he said he missed one.

• I would have gotten 10 out of 11 if I didn't hit the wrong button. I missed Vicki.
  • I didn't recognize a couple, as not having watched those shows, but I thought the answers gave themselves away. Example: I hadn't watched the Trek with Rayna since it came out in 1969 (I usually stay way from third season Treks, though there are a couple of good ones in there). But the costume design and makeup were a dead giveaway.

Some of the robots, like Vicki, were a complete mystery. I admit to not having watched ANY of the shows in the list of answers. Diff'rent Strokes!?!

They gotTwiki right. Most people confuse Twiki (a robot) with the talking/pulsating disc (a computer) that Twiki wore around his neck.

I once met the actor who played Hymie. He came in for a headshot when I worked at a photo studio in Studio City during the mid-70s. Seemed like a decent sort.
    Don't fret, Marvin fans. He made this more comprehensive list: http://gawker.com/5678318/televisions-greatest-robots-a-video-timeline
    Wow, I did not realize, Robby is the same age as me! I guess first saw Forbidden Planet when I was about 8 years old.

Lost in Space was great at that age. "Oh the pain, the pain". I have a toy B9 on my desk here.
    Heater. wrote: »
    Lost in Space was great at that age. "Oh the pain, the pain". I have a toy B9 on my desk here.

Amen Brother! I WAS Will Robinson in my formative years.

• Publison wrote: »
    Not really.
    I think he said he missed one.

I wasn't referring to erco himself. I meant his robots.

• I didn't recognize a couple, as not having watched those shows, but I thought the answers gave themselves away. Example: I hadn't watched the Trek with Rayna since it came out in 1969 (I usually stay way from third season Treks, though there are a couple of good ones in there). But the costume design and makeup were a dead giveaway.

Some of the robots, like Vicki, were a complete mystery. I admit to not having watched ANY of the shows in the list of answers. Diff'rent Strokes!?!

They gotTwiki right. Most people confuse Twiki (a robot) with the talking/pulsating disc (a computer) that Twiki wore around his neck.

I once met the actor who played Hymie. He came in for a headshot when I worked at a photo studio in Studio City during the mid-70s. Seemed like a decent sort.

Indeed. (As it applies to Twiki.)