Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Look what I found laying around the office... — Parallax Forums

Look what I found laying around the office...

Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax EngineeringPosts: 14,406
...erco. :nerd:

20160607_145552.jpg
1024 x 576 - 220K

Comments

• It looks like you're planning on mounting the flame thrower on an ELEV-8.

Good idea.
  • What is that? A QuadroverELEV-8BOEBOT Flamethrower?

I guess a Quadrover stills roams the halls of Parallax, or was that a pic from a few years ago when erco stopped by?
  • ercoerco Posts: 20,255
    Yup, created for the 2012 Robot Expo. A few years ago, Ken said the can or lighter was empty and asked about my "lifetime warranty". I promised to fix it at the next Expo, Launch party or major event...

Still waiting on this Parallax cliffhanger! Don't touch that dial! BRB! Same bat time, same bat station!

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xhx16d_lost-in-space-season-3-cliffhangers-part-1-of-2_shortfilms

• WhitWhit Posts: 4,191
    I'd love to look around that room!
  • Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2016-06-08 14:50
    That is a QuadRover in a clear case. Sitting on top of it is a quad copter, but in the foreground was a BoE-Bot that erco brought to one of our expos. Flame Thrower! :crazy:

I guess for clarity I should start isolating the things I talk about. Everyone sees the "other" stuff in the background. :innocent:

Once I posted a tweet showing the cool bling I got from Digikey from one of their contests. My Teledyne LeCroy Wavesurfer 3054 was visible in the photo, so everyone thought that was part of the prizes I got. :cool:
  • That is a QuadRover in a clear case.

Is the Quadrover still on display at Parallax?
  • Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    Correct. It is in a display case.
  • ercoerco Posts: 20,255
    Correct. It is in a display case.

No. It's a CAGE. It was born free and it has a right to live free. Do the right thing, Chris. Set it free, send it to me and it can live out its days free-ranging in my backyard. Do it before Hillary or the Donald take over and it's too late! Don't give up! Mail it while you're out voting!

Silence and non-action is consent! Like and share on your wall if you agree!

Sorry, too much time on Facebook lately.