Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
SimpleIDE error: no propeller chip on port — Parallax Forums

SimpleIDE error: no propeller chip on port

Good morning

I have seen several posts on this topic, but have not seen a solution that helps. My apologies if this is redundant.

I am running SimpleIDE V1.0.2.
I have a QuickStart board Rev A.
I have run this on two computers, Win 7 and Win 10, and get the same results.

Sometimes the code downloads reliably, and sometimes I get the following error:
propeller-load.exe -Dreset=dtr -I C:/Program Files (x86)/SimpleIDE/bin/../propeller-gcc/propeller-load/ -b QUICKSTART cmm/DAC_IO.elf -r -p COM4error: no propeller chip on port 'COM4'

COM4 is the correct port.

So I closes SimpleIDE and loaded Propeller Tool V1.3.2. PT works great, on COM4, as it always does.
I have tried all sorts of resets, cable swaps, even rebooting the computer, nothing helps.
Help.

Mike

Comments

• Some more info. I read somewhere here about adding a 10K pull-up to P30. I tried that and can download again. Then I removed the 10K and can still download. I'm not sure is the resistor did anything, or did I just get lucky.

I have been using this QuickStart board for several years with Propeller Tool and have never had a problem downloading. I don't understand why SimpleIDE is intermittent when running on the exact same hardware.

Mike

P.S. Has anyone considered a SimpleIDE category. I'm new to it and will probably have more questions.