Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
New Track in the House — Parallax Forums

New Track in the House

Having a bit of cash burning a hole in my pocket and a love of tracked vehicles, I picked up this critter from eBay recently.

tank.jpg

The chassis seems to be of stainless steel. The tracks, to my dismay and being told otherwise, are plastic... a very tough plastic, but plastic nonetheless. <grumble>
The motors are Namiki 22CL-3501PG with encoders and an 80:1 gear ratio. I can't find specs for these units. They look pretty small, but size could be deceiving! :-)
Payload was quoted to be around 11 pounds.

I plan of driving this guy with my trusty MSR-1 control board. I was told (she says confidently <smirk>) the stall current should be less than 1800mA. I think the board "should" be able to deal with these... not planning to do any mountain climbing.

Anyway... Happy Tinkering!

Amanda
1600 x 1600 - 230K
tank.jpg 229.6K

Comments

• I saw those online a while ago and was right on the edge of buying one. You'll have to share your impressions when you get it moving.
  • ercoerco Posts: 20,255
    Very sweet, I'm also working on a tracked bot, much smaller. 80:1 reduction still sounds pretty fast to me, I look for 100:1 or more even in a wheeled bot. But maybe since your bogie wheels are relatively small it all works out. Can't wait to see your "Eight"!