Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
BS2pe and M55607 sensor — Parallax Forums

BS2pe and M55607 sensor

Hi...

I'm trying to build an altitude recorder for model rockets. I'm using the BS2pe and M55607 altimeter module. Everything works fine when I change floors in my home by walking but when I launched it on a rocket, it did not record any data. I've made quick changes in height and the problem is repeated. A slow transition records the data as it should.

Is there a limitation on the acceleration for either the BS2pe or M55607 modules?

Thanks in advance.

John
WA0LPV@arrl.net

Comments

• If they are working following the acceleration, they didn't get broken. If they didn't get broken, the only thing I can think of would be a bad solder joint that is opening under acceleration. I don't think so. And since the force of gravity is about 10**137 times weaker than the electromagnetic force...

How many data points do you expect to record during a flight?
  • Hi Tom...

Thanks for the response. I'm storing the data on the 25LC640 memory chip and I have enough space to record every .5 seconds for several minutes.

I designed the boards and have checked the solder joints and have hot glued the ends of interconnecting wires. The only problem might be the CR2032 cell holder breaking contact during launch.

When I have launched it, it will record data fine until the launch takes place. It then acts like the system locks and it stops recording and seems to go into a sleep mode?

I'll get some data and post a graph of what happens.

Thanks again the the input.

John
  • If the cell holder is breaking contact, the BS2 would restart. If you have, say, an extra switch and LED, you could turn the LED on at the very beginning of the program and turn it off when the switch is pressed. Then, when you land, if the LED is "on" you would know the BS2 had restarted.