Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Unicyle — Parallax Forums

Unicyle

LeonLeon Posts: 7,620
edited 2016-02-27 16:54 in Robotics
I saw someone carrying a unicycle this morning here in Hastings, and wondered about a robotic version. Honda has already made one:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2144611/Honda-unveils-hands-techno-unicycle-robotic-motors-upright.html
Since I am on crutches following an encounter with a people carrier while crossing the road, I'd love to have one.

Comments

• That's really neat Leon.

The new Parallax Flight Controller could work out well as a controller of balancing robots and even unicycles! If anyone does take on the challenge, I'd bet they'd find a great test pilot in Ken 'Mr Unicycle' Gracey !

ps. Hope you won't be confined to crutches for too many months. Although a great upper body workout, they are not without certain frustrations I'm sure!
  • Heater.Heater. Posts: 21,230
    Unicycle? In all the pictures it seems to have two wheels on the ground.

But Leon, how soon do you want to be back on crutches after your recovery?

Remember that the guy that bought the Segway company died after an accident due to an out of control Segway.
  • LeonLeon Posts: 7,620
    If it also had a pair of legs for going up stairs it would be even better!

It'll do 3.7 MPH max. which is said to be close to walking speed, but that is fast walking.
  • Heater.Heater. Posts: 21,230
    Coincidently, 'er in doors busted her leg slipping on the ice here a month ago. I'm having a lot of fun pushing her around in the wheel chair...not. I tremble at the idea she would have a robotic chariot to run around on :)