Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
ELEV-8 Arming issue — Parallax Forums

ELEV-8 Arming issue

dnyednye Posts: 7
edited 2016-02-12 22:37 in Robotics

We're seeing the same issue as the man who made the video linked above. Here's what we're seeing in my own words:
1. Power on transmitter with throttle all the way down (unsure if throttle trim should be at 0 or all the way down at this point)
2. Connect battery to ELEV-8
3. Red light blinks for a bit.
a. If the throttle trim is at 0 the ESCs and/or HoverflyOpen is beeping like mad at this point
b. Setting the throttle trim all the way down makes the beeping occur at a more reasonable rate. While trimming the throttle down, you can hear the beeping becoming slower and slower.
4. Within 10 seconds, green light starts beeping
5. Perform arming procedure (
a. Move throttle to lower-left
b. One beep and LED changes to flashing blue (is this actually "purple"?)
c. Sweep throttle to lower-right
d. After a second or two, two beeps and LED changes to flashing green

At this point, the instructions say we should get a red flashing LED but it's green. We've gone through and recalibrated all the ESCs, they sound like they're all still in sync, but no luck.

Incidentally, sometimes if we push the throttle up shortly after connecting the battery to the ELEV-8, the motors will actually spin. The problem is, at the point they start to spin, only 3 do and one sits still. A little more throttle and the 4th will kick on as well. This seemed to me like the ESCs were then not calibrated correctly but we've been through that several times.

Thanks in advance for any help guys, you've been great so far!

(edit for formatting)

Comments

• What version ELEV-8 do you have? v1 or v2?
    Have you tried contacting our customer support?
  • It's a v2. Haven't tried yet because I figured we had done something wrong and thought the forum here would be a good first route. :)
  • I highly recommend contacting our customer support - that's likely to be your fastest option.
  • Kyle M. wrote: »
    I highly recommend contacting our customer support - that's likely to be your fastest option.

Thanks Kyle!