Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
I am busily designing something reasonably new around a BS2 and I do need help for this one issue — Parallax Forums

I am busily designing something reasonably new around a BS2 and I do need help for this one issue

Hello!
What are the lower and upper settings for the BS2? For example the BOE shows a place for the classic 9V battery which we also use in transistor radios. However the battery pack that I see used with the BOE Bot typically puts out 7.4V from its pair of rechargeable batteries in one form of placement or another.

So will this example run on just 6V from four AA cells in series? That's my question of the moment.

This design is based on my Netduino and Basic Stamp at work solving a problem that was described here last year.

----
Strange, Your wandering robot is at again Erco, he was seen shoveling snow up and down the east coast in as many cities and towns that were slammed by this snowstorm by Godzilla that we experienced. And that as he was seen opening the garage door and making his way to a bus that took him to the airport.

Comments

• The voltage regulator on the BOE is an LM2940 providing 5V to the Stamp. According to the spec sheet it has a dropout voltage of 0.2V when supplying 100 mA. What that means is when the current is 100 mA or less the regulator will be working until the input voltage is above 5.2V. So in that case your 4 batteries will work for that. If your current consumption is higher than that, you may have issues, but also the batteries would be running down pretty quickly.

It is easy to determine that current with a meter inserted in series (between) the batteries and the input power pin.
  • Good to know. Thanks!
  • Okay I can safely say that the board is running and something is displayed on the LCD display I'm using. The really hard part will be in determining the appropriate pin to connect the input pin to for the whole program to work.

----
    Stranger still. Erco your robot is now in Nova Scotia and is looking for means to get him to Greenland.