Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
New project ARLO platform : French STUDENT — Parallax Forums

New project ARLO platform : French STUDENT

NicoHEINicoHEI Posts: 15
edited 2016-01-20 21:42 in Robotics
Hello everybody,

I'm new on this forum and really beginner in programming !

So, I'll start by introduce myself, I'm Nicolas, I'm French (my english isn't very well...) and I'm in an engineering school !
I've a project, and therefor I choose Arlo Platform (with propeller activity board, and alu wheels, 5 sensors Ping / IR) : I have to move Nao robot through school rooms !

So now my questions :D

- Which software to use ? (Ros, SimpleIDE) And why ?
- Where I can find libraries for Arlo?
- What advice would you give me ?

Thx very much, and I will use this chat to ask my questions and tell you my advancement !

Comments

• Since you have chosen propeller activity board, you can choose from several languages. Propeller has SPIN, C, and you can also try FORTH or BASIC. Usually you choose which ever language you are most familiar with. If you you are an electrical engineer rather than a software engineer, FORTH is often chosen. If you are a software engineer and/or already familiar with C, then SimpleIDE would suitable. If you have no preference, the SPIN language is designed for the prop, and there are many examples in spin for you to build from.

If you look in the "Learn" link at the top of these parallax website pages, you can find tutorials and examples of projects.

• Thx for your answer.

I'm not really an electrical or software engineer but more generalist engineer so I haven't speciality but
    I have already have used arduino so C++ but it was easy programs, I've also used Matlab to program.
    So I'll inform myself with all of this langages and choose the better for my project.