Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
DS1302 interface with Parallax Data logger UARTmode, Basic Stamp — Parallax Forums

DS1302 interface with Parallax Data logger UARTmode, Basic Stamp

I'm working on a project which uses the parallax data logger to save RC time constants from 2 photo resistors. I currently have the information saving to a notepad document, however there is no time stamp. The data logger is in UART mode and I was going to try to interface it with the DS1302 chip. Is this possible?

Comments

• Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    Yes, I am currently working on a program using the BS2, Datalogger and a DS1302. The test is to run the Datalogger in SPI mode, but the DS1302 is being used for timing and time stamps during debugging.
  • Datalogger!
    I guess that I was under a rock when this was released. That would have really come in handy for a recent project.

Ashley - the wording of your original post concerns me, because it makes it sound like you want to directly interface the data logger and the DS1302. So, just to clarify, did you mean that you intend to interface both devices with the BASIC Stamp?
  • Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    The problem I have had with the UART mode recently is something we're starting to experience on newer, faster devices that communicate serially. The device can respond to commands faster than the BS2 can be ready to receive the response. So some of my earlier working code has since been broken by firmware updates which seem to have improved the response time of communication with the Datalogger.
  • ashley4098ashley4098 Posts: 2
    edited 2016-01-18 13:47