Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
"No connection could be made to your Scribbler." Error — Parallax Forums

"No connection could be made to your Scribbler." Error

Hi all. We just got our son the S2 Robot. He created a worksheet and we're trying to upload to the Scribbler. Unfortunately, we're getting the "No connection could be made to your Scribbler." error. We double-checked the connections (USB from laptop to Scribbler); Scribbler is on; batteries are new; and we still get the message.

My laptop is a Windows 7 PC. My wife tried on her new computer (Windows 10) and is getting the same message.

Any other ideas?

Thank you!

Comments

• hawkdbq6,

If you are using fresh batteries, and have the scribbler on when trying to upload a program (the LED above the power switch should light up bright blue), then my first instinct is that either your USB cable or (less likely) adapter is not working properly. I would suggest trying a different cable to see if that works – they are widely available in electronics stores.

If you do not have a different USB A to Mini B cable, or if changing the cable doesn't work, please give our free technical support a call or email (support@parallax.com, 888-997-8267) for more assistance and/or replacement parts.
  • hawkdbq6,

Welcome to the Parallax Forum!

How long did you wait after first connecting to the USB port? Win7 has the nasty "feature" of trying to install a new driver every time a different USB-to-serial converter is encountered. This process can take several minutes. It's possible that just waiting awhile after connecting before trying to upload anything will solve your problem.

-Phil
  • ercoerco Posts: 20,256
    edited 2015-12-16 23:30
    Welcome to the forums, hawkdbq6. Are you using the Parallax/FTDI USB-serial adapter or something else?
  • Thanks for all of the responses!

Courtney Jacobs- We've tried a different cord, but still getting the same error.

Phil Pilgrim- We've tried waiting a while on both platforms and that doesn't seem to work, either.

eroc-Yeah, we're using the cord and adapter that came with the robot.

Thanks!
  • WhitWhit Posts: 4,191
    Have you installed the latest FTDI driver? See https://www.parallax.com/downloads/parallax-usb-driver-installer

Never give up - Never surrender!