Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
ELEV8- V2 — Parallax Forums

ELEV8- V2

TomWolvesTomWolves Posts: 29
edited 2015-11-06 00:52 in Robotics
Hello all, I am having troubles. I am at step 23 configuring Spin direction on my ELEV8.I bound my Spektrum DX7 to the receiver, now I need to check the spin direction of the motors. I connected one of the signal cables to the Throttle of the receiver, turned on the transmitter, and then connected the battery. All that happens is the ESC beeps, beeps and beeps. When I give a little throttle nothing happens (motor doesn't turn), but the ESC still beeps. My transmitter said I was bound. What am I missing or what is wrong? Thank you for any help you might have.
T.W.

Comments

• First, verify that the radio channels are going to the correct receiver inputs on the controller board.

If that's ok, you may have to scale the ESC input. Start w/ the thing powered down and NO PROPS! Radio at full throttle. Power up. ESC's will beep. Radio to zero throttle. At that point the ESC's should respond normally to throttle input.

From HoverFly manual:

4.5.4.2 ESC Calibration
    Once again, it is best to follow the instructions in your ESC manual to perform this calibration. However, it is critical that you perform this
    calibration on ALL of the ESCs in your system. Start by connecting a single ESC to the throttle channel of the receiver. Then connect the
    battery to the ESC and use the ESC manual to complete the calibration using your transmitter. The following steps are the typical calibration
    procedure for most ESCs.

Typical ESC Calibration Procedure
    1. Turn on your transmitter.
    2. Move the throttle stick to full (all the way up).
    3. Connect the battery to the ESC.
    4. Your ESC will beep to indicate it is in programming mode (the beep will only be audible when connected to a motor).
    5. Once in programming mode, exit programming mode by moving the throttle back to idle (all the way down).
    6. Wait for confirmation that programming mode has been exited (usually a series of beeps when connected to a motor).
    7. Disconnect your batter and receiver from the ESC.
    8. Repeat procedure for each and every ESC in your system.

-Russ
  • You may have a bad esc or motor. Try different motors and esc's until you find one esc that works. Then test the motors individually with the working esc. If all your motors work then it may be a bad esc.
    -dan