Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Bs2px problem — Parallax Forums

Bs2px problem

Hi, I hope this is in the right place, the forum has changed since I last posted.
This known problem with the above stamp, is there or will there be an update on this?
Does this affect all px stamps?
Apologies if this is in the place
thanks john

Comments

• John,

You did not post the actual problem.
  • Do you mean the one where sometimes it fails to program and instead writes exciting error messages into EEPROM?
  • No, I wasn't the original poster, but because I have quite a few px s including a few in the latest sales I was a little concerned.
    The problem I read about was where it would program ok once, and then would fail thereafter with the 'stamp not found' error.
    I hadn't heard of the one that writes messages to eeprom.
    I haven't used these stamps yet, but I would rather know what to expect beforehand and crucially, the workaround.
    It sounds an interesting problem.
    thanks john
  • John, you are the Original Poster on this thread. No other thread was linked, that was why I asked.

You would we better of calling Tech Support 888-997-8267, (see if Chris Savage is available), or email support@parallax.com. It may take quite a bit shorter time to get an answer, as opposed to wait for someone to see this post.
  • ElectrodudeElectrodude Posts: 1,646
    edited 2015-10-08 23:03
    No, I wasn't the original poster, but because I have quite a few px s including a few in the latest sales I was a little concerned.
    The problem I read about was where it would program ok once, and then would fail thereafter with the 'stamp not found' error.
    I hadn't heard of the one that writes messages to eeprom.
    I haven't used these stamps yet, but I would rather know what to expect beforehand and crucially, the workaround.
    It sounds an interesting problem.
    thanks john

They are one and the same problem. I'm pretty sure cycling the power or manually pushing the reset button got around it, but it would still happen again later. Also, I vaguely remember that this would always happen if the program had hit an END statement, and based on that I'm going to conjecture that it would also happen if you try programming it while it's in a SLEEP or NAP, but I don't remember ever trying that. Also, be warned that I haven't used a BS2px in years, so this might be wrong.

After you get your "stamp not found" error, if you write and run a program that dumps lower EEPROM to the debug terminal you will find data (definitely some text, but I think there's also some binary data/gibberish) that wasn't there before. I found out about this when data I had stored in lower EEPROM got mysteriously clobbered after I got the "stamp not found" error.
  • http://forums.parallax.com/discussion/161020/bs2px24-identifies-but-will-not-load-program#latest

See this thread I started in which Jeff Martin gives a work around.
  • Hal Albach wrote: »
    http://forums.parallax.com/discussion/161020/bs2px24-identifies-but-will-not-load-program#latest

See this thread I started in which Jeff Martin gives a work around.

Hal, Can't believe I missed this one. Thanks for the link!

• Hi, sorry for the delay.
    Thanks for all the info, and the details of a workaround. If and when a firmware update/fix does become available, is it something
    that can be done at home, as I have thirty or so stamps. I do have various programmers.
    Thanks again

john
  • Hi, sorry for the delay.
    Thanks for all the info, and the details of a workaround. If and when a firmware update/fix does become available, is it something
    that can be done at home, as I have thirty or so stamps. I do have various programmers.
    Thanks again

john

John,

I believe the Stamps need to be sent to Parallax for reprogramming. The code is not something they want let out.
    You may be able to get a 1 for 1 swap in the mail when they burn some new ones. Call Parallax support. They are the best!