Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
AT9 RadioLink and ELEV-8 — Parallax Forums

AT9 RadioLink and ELEV-8

NikosGNikosG Posts: 705
edited 2015-09-03 21:15 in Robotics
at9_specifications.jpg
In order to controll my ELEV-8 I decided to use the AT9 RadioLink transmitter and RD9 receiver.
Why the AT9?
• Low price
• “Multicopter ” model type (easy setup for the ELEV-8)
• Nine channels!
• Data telemetry (you can check the ELEV-8’s battery level on your transmitter’s screen as the ELEV-8 flies!)
• 2.8 inches color LCD
• Support USB online update
• S-Bus
• Vibration alarm
• Mix-control
• Anti-interference
The wiring with the ELEV-8's Hoverfly board is the following:
r9d_elev_8_connection1.jpg

Instructions for AT9 RadioLink Configuration (for the ELEV-8)
1. Turn on the transmitter by sliding the "Power" switch Up.
2. Press the MODE KEY once to access the "BASIC MENU".
3. Scroll down (using the DIAL) to highlight "PARAMETER" and press the PUSH Key to access the “PARAMETER MENU”.
4. Scroll down (using the DIAL) to highlight "STK-MODE" and press the PUSH Key.
5. Set the STK-MODE=2 (using the DIAL) and press the PUSH Key.
6. Press the END KEY once to access the "BASIC MENU" again.
7. Scroll down (using the DIAL) to highlight "MODEL TYPE" and press the PUSH Key to access the “MODEL TYPE” menu.
8. Scroll down (using the DIAL) to highlight "TYPE" and press the PUSH Key
9. Scroll down (using the DIAL) to choose "AIRCRAFT" and press the PUSH Key for 1 sec
10. Press the END KEY once to access the "BASIC MENU" again.
11. Scroll down (using the DIAL) to highlight "REVERSE" and press the PUSH Key to access the “REVERSE” menu.
12. Reverse all channels and press the END KEY once to access the "BASIC MENU" again
13. Press the END KEY once again to access the first screen.

instr_at9_confing.jpg

Instructions for Binding a AT9-Radiolink Transmitter and Receiver

Each transmitter has an individually assigned, unique ID code. In order to start operation, the receiver must be linked with the ID code of the transmitter with which it is being paired. Once the link is made, the ID code is stored in the receiver and no further linking is necessary unless the receiver is to be used with another transmitter. When you purchase another R6014FS, this procedure is necessary; otherwise the receiver will not work.
1. Place the transmitter and the receiver close to each other within one (1) meter.
2. Turn on the transmitter.
3. Press and hold ID SET switch of the receiver one second, now the indicator LED will start blinking. It
will automatically find the nearest transmitter to bind, which is an outstanding feature for R9D receiver.
4. Test with servo to make sure the binding is finished

Nikos Giannakopoulos

Comments

• Outstanding information Nicos! Thank You.

I have one in my cart to purchase.

• NikosGNikosG Posts: 705
    edited 2015-09-04 06:40
    Publison wrote: »
    Outstanding information Nicos! Thank You.

I have one in my cart to purchase.
    Thank you Jim!

Another feature of the AT9 that I would like to highlight is the telemetry and the "power return" ability.
    Using a small and cheap electronic, the RPM-01, you can have the level of your ELEV-8's battery power on AT9 transmitter's screen. Here is the way we connect battery, PRM-01 and RD9:

at9_prm_01.jpg

The only you have to is is to connect the PRM-01 with ELEV-8's Battery and with the RD9 receiver. Then you'll have on AT9's screen the ELEV-8 batterry level even during the flight!!

I'm totally new to the radiotransmitters topic and at the moment I can't explain more...
    But AT9 has also an english manual that you can find here.

You can also see tne next video :
    Radiolink AT9 Quick unboxing.
  • Received my AT-9 today. Lots of controls. I bought it to take advantage of my Light Commaner:
    https://www.parallax.com/product/27109
    My Spectrum 6 only had a three position switch available. Now I can utilize all controls.

Thanks for the heads up on this nice. (and inexpensive), transmitter.

• PublisonPublison Posts: 12,366
    edited 2015-09-21 19:29
    Tried to update to the new firmware, but the chinese translated just not cut right now. Old firmware seems to work.
  • How do the buttons feel? Is the wheel easier to use than the Spektrum roller thingy?
  • xanadu wrote: »
    How do the buttons feel? Is the wheel easier to use than the Spektrum roller thingy?
    Buttons are snappy, not mushy. The wheel is no harder to use vs the Spektrum roller, but IMHO, is should be raised a tad because when using your thumb to rotate, you are going to scratch the bezel at the 7-11 o'clock position.
  • Just upgraded to 1.2.6. It's not easy navigating the Chinese menus, but here is a video:

• Nikos,

How is the AT9 performing?

• NikosGNikosG Posts: 705
    edited 2015-09-29 17:33
    Publison wrote: »
    Nikos,

How is the AT9 performing?
    Jim,

I have no experience from other transmitters in order to compare with, but I think that the AT9 is a very reliable transmitter.
    Althought I'm a new pilot I can hover with ELEV-8 indoor!
    I still have not a lot of experience from outdoor flights....
    Have you seen something strange with your AT9?

I have left for a while my ELEV-8 as I spend a lot of time with hanoi tower project.....

However Erco gave me a fantastic idea. He suggested the ELEV-8 in order to solve the Hanoi tower problem. I think I need an autopilot. (At the moment I can't try new hardware because I can't buy nothing due the the "capital controll" on Greek Banks) It seems that everything is "frozen" in my country...