Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
S2 Unboxing — Parallax Forums

S2 Unboxing

xanaduxanadu Posts: 3,347
edited 2015-09-09 01:36 in Robotics
IMG_1141.JPG

No unboxing video. It was packaged very nice though. Although the video was circumstantial, this is one of the coolest robots I've had the pleasure of owning. Huge value starting with the fact it ships programmed with a printed manual. It is interactive through its light sensors. Lots of resources available at Parallax's website. I can't wait to show this off to my meetup! Not the video, although copters are a gateway to robots! Especially cheap copters.

S2 vs 10 copters + 1 meat servo. Only the S2 lived!

816 x 612 - 174K

Comments

• ercoerco Posts: 20,255
    SWARM!

Jolly good fun, all those little copters. The wife recently surprised me with a very early birthday present, a drone with a camera. I only had a tiny Hubsan before than, so I'm having fun with this bigger copter. Fortunately the bottom-mounted camera detaches easily so I'm practicing without it. No damage yet!
  • Thanks! The camera copters are great have fun! Don't get shot down lol.
  • xanaduxanadu Posts: 3,347
    edited 2015-08-25 22:13
    Some more highly scientific S2 fun.

IMG_1136.JPG
    816 x 612 - 217K
  • Oh, man...I'm so busy enjoying the video I can't even read erco's post, which is usually funny enough on it's own. That video was top notch! - Ken
  • The Sharpie Picture is awesome!
  • Ken Gracey wrote: »
    Oh, man...I'm so busy enjoying the video I can't even read erco's post, which is usually funny enough on it's own. That video was top notch! - Ken

Thanks, the S2 has been a real treat! The Scribbler has a lot in common with those micro-copters. Underneath both requiring complex engineering and software. On the outside they're automagic!
    edited 2015-08-26 03:29
    Ttailspin wrote: »
    The Sharpie Picture is awesome!

Thanks. The S2 was doing a burnout on the Sharpie boxes and beeping a lot.

I think it was laughing at the PC Tune UP. Or crying. I just got it so I'm not sure.

IMG_1137.JPG

816 x 612 - 174K
  • xanadu,

That video is AWESOME! (I hope no quads were destroyed in the making of it.)

-Phil
    edited 2015-08-26 15:07
    Thanks Phil! No damages, those things take a beating!
  • WhitWhit Posts: 4,191
    Great job xanadu! Sorry I'm late to the party!
  • Thanks Whit! Right on time :)
  • W9GFOW9GFO Posts: 4,010
    xanadu wrote: »
    ... Made in the USA.

The S2 and the original Scribblers were made in China, and so will be the upcoming S3.

• Thanks, I've updated my post.