Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Possibly Useful Processing Program — Parallax Forums

Possibly Useful Processing Program

Hi, I'm writing the attached processing program for my next project. It outputs the image attached which may be useful to other hobby robotics applications. 
1284 x 122 - 5K

Comments

• jmgjmg Posts: 15,155
    Single track Gray Codes are another interesting approach to position encoding.
    As the name suggests they are one-bit change encoder tracks designed to work with multiple spaced sensors. They usually have slightly less than binary-density, but can give simpler mechanical solutions.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gray_code#Single-track_Gray_code

Image example here is for an even-sensor 360' pitch, but there are solutions for 180' sensor spread
  • Single track Gray Codes are another interesting approach to position encoding.
    As the name suggests they are one-bit change encoder tracks designed to work with multiple spaced sensors. They usually have slightly less than binary-density, but can give simpler mechanical solutions.

That's the plan. I couldn't find a program to generate them, so I wrote my own. The program parameters will allow me to control the size and number of tracks to fit different encoder layouts. I figure I start simple and get more elborate.