Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Why microcontrollers? — Parallax Forums

Why microcontrollers?

Why is this catch-all category "micro controllers" 1st we see here, instead of Propeller I? The SX chip was great, but it's not the main business.

Comments

• PublisonPublison Posts: 12,366
    edited 2015-07-04 00:20
    Tracy,
    I though that was just a heading for the 3 MCU's underneath. I didn't know you could respond directly.
    Will notify the people in charge that are off fot the weekend. :)
  • jmgjmg Posts: 15,140
    The Prop 1 Prop 2 and BASIC stamp look  to be sub categories, as they are indented on Microcontrollers heading.Posting totals are 25k on P1, 18.3k on Stamp & 435 on P2, which does not quite add to 60.7k
    On that yardstick P1 dominates ?
    Tracy,
    I though that was just a heading for the 3 MCU's underneath. I didn't know you could respond directly.
    Will notify the people in charge that are off fot the weekend. :)

The way the totals and posts sort, it looks like the 3 sub headings apply first, and 'everything else' left over goes into the Microcontroller basket.That is why 'Microcontroller' appears to hold mostly SX, and most posts are quite old.~ 14 posts down, and you are back in 2013 already.
  • That's what bothers me, long in tooth at the top.

That's what bothers me, long in tooth at the top.

I guess the fix would be to have Microcontrollers  non-clickable, as a heading only, and then have thisappearance :

Microcontrollers  Propeller 1        [25k]  Propeller 2        [435]  BASIC Stamp   [18.3k]  Other MCU        [17k]
    However, there are higher priority fixes needed, on other broken stuff first....
  • Now, now, don't go looking directly under the topics, use the tags! If you search for Propeller, P1, Prop, Prop1 you should get what you are looking for if you want Propeller items.
  • Tracy AllenTracy Allen Posts: 6,656
    edited 2015-07-04 03:35
    I'm typing this on an iPhone, no sidebsr, no tags, no index, just a list of topics. First are announcements, fine, I learn about Parallax' latest great sale. Then microcontrollers. I see this post and a bunch of stuff on SX chips including a blowout sale. That's the joke. Don't get me wrong, I do, still, love SX chips, Then just in time but lower than it should be comes Prop I. It's a minor issue I agree in new forum happenings.

Oh, I do like the mobile interface improvements.
  • LoopyBytelooseLoopyByteloose Posts: 12,537
    edited 2015-07-05 20:43
    This defect has been so obvious that I thought Parallax would get to it post haste without direction from the outside.  It is disappointing to see otherwise.

It is embarrassing. 
    We have claims that the change over to the new forum format was well-planned long in advance and the results at the front door are 'Howdy Stranger' and a listing of threads on chips that no longer are profitable and being sold near cost or maybe at a loss.

(removed excessive complaints)

Once again, it is what it is.  Accept it and move on.
  • I thought this was a Parallax forum. Don't know why it deals with somebody else's microcontroller line. They should have there own forum. It's like the Rock-n-Roll hall of fame, some things I never considered as Rock-n-Roll.
  • MikeDYur wrote: »
    I thought this was a Parallax forum. Don't know why it deals with somebody else's microcontroller line. They should have there own forum. It's like the Rock-n-Roll hall of fame, some things I never considered as Rock-n-Roll.

Hi MikeDYur!

Just a bit of background...

Those "other" microcontrollers were the main Parallax product line a few years ago, and are even still available from the Parallax store.

The issue reported in this thread was connected to the Parallax forum changeover back in July. At that time, the order of microcontrollers displayed on the new forum homepage was not as expected. That was resolved long time ago, so really this thread might seem a bit odd given the problem described no longer exists :)

All the best.
  • Hello VonSzarvas
    Thank's for clarifying the subject, I really did'nt know what Parallax was involved with before the BS2, I asumed it was just the BS1.
    Mike