Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
cannot find entry symbol arch_paths_first — Parallax Forums

cannot find entry symbol arch_paths_first

kvhbkvhb Posts: 1
edited 2015-06-30 19:01 in Learn with BlocklyProp
Hello everybody,
I recently bought a Parallax Scribbler S2 to play around with. My goal is to learn as much as possible about microcontroller programming as possible. Since I already have some experience in C and I think I'll need C/C++ a lot in the future I don't want to use spin but C to program my robot. Also, I would like to use my own choice of text editor (sublime text or eclipse) to do the programming and compile everything from the command line (using cmake, which I want to learn during this project). I'm using OSX Yosemite.
I'm running into a problem that I can't figure out. I have a little example program that turns on the power LED. I can compile and load this program using SimpleIDE, but I can not get it to compile without warning from the command line. The files can be found in the attachment (I can't upload .c files, so the extensions is txt), the commands I use to compile are the ones I found in the SimpleIDE -output terminal (exept for the -mcmm option, which is unrecognised) and are as follows:
> mkdir build> cd build> cmake -DCMAKE_C_COMPILER="propeller-elf-gcc" -DCMAKE_C_FLAGS="-m32bit-doubles -Os -fno-exceptions -std=c99 -lm" -v ..> makeScanning dependencies of target S2Code
[100%] Building C object CMakeFiles/S2Code.dir/main.c.o
Linking C executable main.elf
/usr/local/parallax/bin/../lib/gcc/propeller-elf/4.6.1/../../../../propeller-elf/bin/ld: warning: cannot find entry symbol arch_paths_first; defaulting to 0000000000000860
[100%] Built target S2Code

Does anyone know what the problem here might be? I'm pretty new to all of this and I'd really like to know.

Comments

• Something is wrong if -mcmm is not recognized. Your CMake file is referring to libraries in subdirectories named lib/cmm, so it is linking cmm versions of various libraries. That won't work; you can't link cmm libraries with lmm code.
    That isn't actually the cause of the specific error you're getting, which is one I've never seen before, but it does indicate some kind of installation issue. It may be that CMake is trying to run the linker directly rather than using the propeller-elf-gcc front end; the latter is definitely the preferred way to do linking.
    Eric