Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Netduino and BS2 working together to solve problems — Parallax Forums

Netduino and BS2 working together to solve problems

Buck RogersBuck Rogers Posts: 2,178
edited 2015-06-10 15:30 in Robotics
Hello!
My latest accomplishment, is to have a Netduino 1, wearing a BOE Shield from Parallax poking an installed part, blinking LEDs, and then sending the output to a BS2.

That Parallax BS2 also mounted on its own BOE (Board of Ed, so named because they were frequently used in schools until fairly recently.) is receiving the data and sending to an attached LCD display.
attachment.php?attachmentid=114420&d=1433483635
I invite comment.

Oddly enough it was posted just over fourteen hours ago to the forum for the Netduino, and still no comments. Plenty of views however.

Code for the Netduino 1 is indeed available,via Github. Simply search the site for DoctorWho8 and you'll get three hits, you need Palout1 for it. I'm still refining the code for the Stamp. Currently it is now wearing a recently bought #27979-RT display. (Which was not found on the Parallax site for Retail Purchases. I found it linked to the 2X16 one.)

The power plant for both items is the battery box that the BOE is standing on. Which is a Li-ion Power Pack / Charger – 2 Cell (#28986) one. Right now its being recharged.

My only complaint that the need for that happened just as I was about to commence further refinements for the Stamp code.

And the methods for displaying the inline image surfaced from a discussion concerning that function next door in the test portion of the forum.

However the creator of the connected device has finally noticed it and commented.
640 x 480 - 48K

Comments

• Buck RogersBuck Rogers Posts: 2,178
    edited 2015-06-08 11:02
    And now for something completely strange. The power plant stopped working completely . Fortunately I happen to have here a reasonable assortment of things to power Basic Stamps with. In this case it is a pair of these:
    https://www.sparkfun.com/products/339

They are Polymer Lithium Ion Batteries at 1000Mah and are currently working in series to run the board.

From the website:
    "Description: These are very slim, extremely light weight batteries based on the new Polymer Lithium Ion chemistry. This is the highest energy density currently in production. Each cell outputs a nominal 3.7V at 1000mAh! Comes terminated with a standard 2-pin JST-PH connector - 2mm spacing between pins. These batteries require special charging. Do not attempt to charge these with anything but a specialized Lithium Polymer charger.

Battery includes built-in protection against over voltage, over current, and minimum voltage. Please use caution when using this battery in wearable projects. When using conductive thread, a short in the thread can create sparks and heat. We recommend using coin cell batteries for beginners."

To make up my temporary supply I simply connected everything together using some special Adapter Plugs from Radio Shack.

That chip being poked at is a pull. It was removed from a board, and is obviously programmed. I've gotten a reasonably good supply of these here. I'll probably try others and supply a description of the results.
  • Buck RogersBuck Rogers Posts: 2,178
    edited 2015-06-10 15:30
    Now that the designer of the Netduino has commented, the next big thing will be to have the reason for our presence here to do the same. However that's no longer necessary....

As of 1AM this project is completed. There's no solution available, and worse the problem can not be solved.

One way to try and do both is write a program for a PAL16L8 to solve it, and, ah, then program it. A blank is available as is tools. No programmer however....