Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Elev-8 V2 and Y-6 in Europe? — Parallax Forums

Elev-8 V2 and Y-6 in Europe?

dnhkngdnhkng Posts: 1
edited 2015-04-20 13:28 in Robotics
Hi,

I would like to buy a Parallax copter here in Europe, as I have some credit with Mouser.com

The Elev-8 Y-6 looks really interesting, but it seems to be no longer sold on the Parallax website, although its listed on Mouser for $776.53. For the Elev-8 quadcopter, only the first version is listed, selling at $581.73. The second is not is stock. Also, I can't tell if the 80040
hexcopter upgrade kit is available any more.

So, could someone please clear up for me whats available and whats not? My only option is to purchase through this particular vendor, but I assume the people from Parallax are in contact with them, as they seem to be vendors for Parallax's entire product catalog.

Thanks in Advance!

Comments

• Courtney JacobsCourtney Jacobs Posts: 903
    edited 2015-04-20 13:28
    To simplify our catalog and focus only on the most popular design, Parallax has discontinued most ELEV-8 quadcopter options, including the Y-6 and hexcopter upgrade kit.

Currently, the only complete ELEV-8 kit for sale on our webstore is the ELEV-8 V2 (with control board, #80200 and without control board, #80202). Our distributors may still have stock of discontinued products which we no longer carry or produce. To see the up-to-date full list of ELEV-8 products we sell, please visit: http://www.parallax.com/product/elev-8.

As a note, while some quadcopter options are no longer sold through Parallax, we continue to support our products with free sales and technical support via phone or email. Additionally, the documentation for those discontinued products remains downloadable through our website; just enter the product number into the search field.