Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Possible missing/lost hardware in Elev-8 shipment — Parallax Forums

Possible missing/lost hardware in Elev-8 shipment

tentoes1tentoes1 Posts: 9
edited 2015-03-20 09:23 in Robotics
Hello everyone: I know this post will sound extremely suspect particularly since I recently posted about losing a motor set screw, but I was digging through all of the hardware that comes with my recent Elev-8 shipment and there are a few things that I can't find. 1) I can't find the stickers (red/white and black/white) for the booms and 2) the LEDs for the booms. Maybe I am confusing the project that was described in Donald Norris' book, but I thought the stickers AND LEDs were supposed to be included in the kit. I really don't mind paying for them because the reality of actually trying to fly this thing is becoming apparent now and I would like to have every resource to help me know which way it's pointed..........

....on another note....can anyone help me with translating the operating manual for the Tenergy TB6B intelligent charger? I would pay someone to provide me with a reasonable translation. I just don't have the patience and while I can get it to charge my one LiPO (I think), I would like to have more confidence in using it......Thanks y'all....

Comments

• PublisonPublison Posts: 12,366
    edited 2015-03-18 16:44
    tentoes1 wrote: »
    Hello everyone: I know this post will sound extremely suspect particularly since I recently posted about losing a motor set screw, but I was digging through all of the hardware that comes with my recent Elev-8 shipment and there are a few things that I can't find. 1) I can't find the stickers (red/white and black/white) for the booms and 2) the LEDs for the booms. Maybe I am confusing the project that was described in Donald Norris' book, but I thought the stickers AND LEDs were supposed to be included in the kit. I really don't mind paying for them because the reality of actually trying to fly this thing is becoming apparent now and I would like to have every resource to help me know which way it's pointed..........

....on another note....can anyone help me with translating the operating manual for the Tenergy TB6B intelligent charger? I would pay someone to provide me with a reasonable translation. I just don't have the patience and while I can get it to charge my one LiPO (I think), I would like to have more confidence in using it......Thanks y'all....

If you are talking about a recent shipment, was it an Elev-8 V2?

The V2 kit now comes with chrome stickers and no LED's. Donald's book was based on the version 1 kit.

The charger manual is a little hard to comprehend sometimes. Which battery are you using? If it's the one sold by Parallax, I'll get mine out tomorrow and write down the steps.
    edited 2015-03-19 09:09
    Here is what I do to charge my Parallax Battery.

Connect battery and balance connector before powering on. Go to "Mode" program select LIPO battery. Use the red enter button. I use 1 Amp and 11.1 V 3S settings. Hold down start button for three seconds, it should begin charging.

You should also balance the cells in the battery from time to time. To do this, Program Select, LIPO charge, red increment button to select balance, red enter button. Hold down the white start button to initiate.
  • trangertranger Posts: 179
    edited 2015-03-19 09:54
    Always connect to the battery after connecting the harness to the charger. Always disconnect from the battery before disconnecting the harness from the charger.

If you don't the harness leads are live and could create problems if they accidentally touch one another or happen to touch a metal object.

Yeah, it happened to me....

-Russ
    edited 2015-03-19 09:59
    Russ,

Are you talking about the balance leads, (from the battery),
    ? They are female. I don't understand.

Jim
  • Mag748Mag748 Posts: 263
    edited 2015-03-19 14:14
    Publison wrote: »
    Here is what I do to charge my Parallax Battery.

I use 1 Amp and 11.1 V 3S settings.

Why 1amp? Is there an advantage to charging at such a low rate when I believe you can charge up to 1C (3.3Amps) in the case of the Elev8 battery.

Thanks,
    Marcus
  • tentoes1tentoes1 Posts: 9
    edited 2015-03-19 18:25
    Hey thank you Publison......yes I am able to do precisely what you described....

And yes I have the V2 so thanks for clearing that up....thanks for the help everyone
  • trangertranger Posts: 179
    edited 2015-03-20 09:23
    Publison wrote: »
    Russ,

Are you talking about the balance leads, (from the battery),
    ? They are female. I don't understand.

Jim

No, I'm talking about the main multi-connector harness that runs between the charger and the battery. If you happen to disconnect from the charger first, the two male banana leads are still connected to the battery.

2015-03-20_12-21-23.png

-Russ
    800 x 601 - 749K