Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Ws2811/2812 Programming Help Needed - Page 3 — Parallax Forums

Ws2811/2812 Programming Help Needed

13»

Comments

• Duane DegnDuane Degn Posts: 10,588
    edited 2015-01-31 20:31
    NWCCTV wrote: »
    I did but the merge colors is gone now and everything is working just how I want it.

Very good. I didn't know for sure which methods merged the colors. I don't have a strand of light handy right now to try them out. Seeing your post #60 I was about to find some LEDs to test so I'm glad you got this figured out.

Back to work on my hexapod.
  • NWCCTVNWCCTV Posts: 3,629
    edited 2015-01-31 20:33
    Not so much figured out but it is working for now and that's all I need!!!! I will "figure it out" after the game!!!
  • NWCCTVNWCCTV Posts: 3,629
    edited 2015-01-31 21:50
    I swear, sometimes I have the absolute worst luck on the planet, especially when time is running out. Two days ago I had my Radio Shack strips working perfectly. Now tonight I go to hook them up and neither one is working. I am beside myself since nothing has changed in the program or the power or the board or anything else. Makes me want to just pull what few hairs I have left out!!!!
  • dmagnusdmagnus Posts: 271
    edited 2015-02-01 10:05
    Ok, I'm sitting here trying to run Andy's Seahawks led's (Since they beat the Packers, I am rooting for Seattle ;-(
    Anyway, I've got 6 of the Parallax Ws2812 chips hooked up to my Activity Board. Pin 15 is DIn on the first chip, with all of them hooked together with jumpers (out to in) except for the last two, which are hooked up with servo extensions.
    All six are working just fine - except no blue at all.
    I'm using the modified_ws2812_seahawks - Archive [Date 2015.01.31 Time 13.41] The rest of them seem to work the same way. No blue at all.
    edited 2015-02-01 10:22
    dmagnus wrote: »
    No blue at all.

Is there red?

Edit: Try powering the LEDs with 3.3V.
    I tested the code you mentioned on an Activity Board with ten Parallax Fun Boards using USB power (IIRC) and running the LEDs off the 3.3V line.
    BTW, the "extra_from_duane" method will probably look better if you have the length of your strand listed correctly in the constants. I'm not sure if this matters much with a straight strip but when the LEDs are in a ring my method mirrors the color pattern around the ring (provided the length constant is properly set).
  • dmagnusdmagnus Posts: 271
    edited 2015-02-01 10:43
    Well, heck, I got it working just fine. Turns out my power supply wasn't providing any power - it was dragging down the power coming from the computer through the usb port. Unplugged the power supply and it started working...
    edited 2015-02-01 11:07
    Make sure and try the changes I mention in post #9. IMO, it's a fun effect.