Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Questions for S900 building — Parallax Forums

Questions for S900 building

JackieJackie Posts: 3
edited 2015-03-25 01:37 in Robotics
Hello everyone= Hope I can find some help!

New to multirotors, even though I learnt to fly with an aircraft lended by a friend of mine, I am starting a building for professional use and photoshooting.

Here's the setup:

DJI S900
ZenMuseGH4
IOSDMk2
DJI A2

The radio is a Futaba T14SG.

For the battery, I own a 6s LIPO 12 000 Mah battery and I'd like to know if it could work to fly during 15 minutes, but I'm not quite sure?

Plus, for safety, I thought of equipping the aircraft with a rescue kit, as the DJI dropsafe or the rescue kit for DJI S900 from Opale Paramodels, that seems interesting. Anyone heard about these products? or using them maybe? It's a little pricey but considering the cost of the total setup, it could worth the value on the long-term, for the aircraft itself, people, animals, houses that could be damaged...if there are users of rescue systems, i'd like to hear from you= Thank you very much

Greetings

Comments

• MacTuxLinMacTuxLin Posts: 821
    edited 2015-01-25 02:24
    We have an exact same setup as what you've listed over at our lab. As for battery, a pair of 8000mAh would probably make more sense. (in case 1 failed)

As for safety, not sure where you're located. Maybe its better to check with your local authorities if there are any regulations on this?

Update us with images once you have your rescue mach setup!
  • JackieJackie Posts: 3
    edited 2015-03-20 08:03
    Hey thanks for your answer, it helps! Since then I decided to purchase a 6S 21 000 Mah LiPo battery and I also ordered a rescue kit for DJI S900 from OpaleParamodels. I installed it (very simply), have to do a test for the deployment. Parachute is great, very solid when I unfolded it, as it was said in manual before first use. I pulled on it and it is resistant no problem with that. I'll just some pics when it is possible.

Jackie.
  • PublisonPublison Posts: 12,366
    edited 2015-03-20 08:17
    Jackie wrote: »
    Hey thanks for your answer, it helps! Since then I decided to purchase a 6S 21 000 Mah LiPo battery and I also ordered a rescue kit for DJI S900 from OpaleParamodels. I installed it (very simply), have to do a test for the deployment. Parachute is great, very solid when I unfolded it, as it was said in manual before first use. I pulled on it and it is resistant no problem with that. I'll just some pics when it is possible.

Jackie.

A little late with the reply :) But what does this have to do with Parallax products? Are you going to incorporate a Propeller or BS2 into your project?
  • JackieJackie Posts: 3
    edited 2015-03-25 01:37
    Sorry , didn't know when registered, thought it was a general multi rotor forum, that's why i registered and ask my questions. I'am not an english native and sometimes I don't understand all! Sorry for the inconvenience!