Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Stuck on the Array Variables page of the Simple IDE tutorial — Parallax Forums

Stuck on the Array Variables page of the Simple IDE tutorial

DrPopDrPop Posts: 227
edited 2015-01-07 12:54 in Learn with BlocklyProp
Hi, I am going through the Simple IDE tutorial with my daughter, getting up to speed on programming the Activity Bot in C. Everything has worked perfect up until this point. Sorry this is probably so elementary that I must be missing something very obvious, :) but we can't seem to make the last part of the Index Array Variables page work right. The page is here: http://learn.parallax.com/propeller-c-start-simple/index-array-variables and it's the last part down at the bottom, where it says:

"Write a program that multiplies each array element by 100 and then stores the result back to the array element. Then, have a second loop display all the values. If you did it right, that second loop should display 100, 200, 300, 500, 700, 1100, etc."

Is there a C language reference page somewhere that I can access to figure out how to address the data of the array in a second line of code correctly?
Thank you for the help! :)

Comments

• DrPopDrPop Posts: 227
    edited 2015-01-07 12:54
    Thank you, I will try that tonight. I did do some quick Googling on "array multiplication in C" but that got me a bunch of sites saying I should use "data*" and things like that. Which I tried, but it didn't work. ;)
    I will try your suggestion and see what I get back. :)