Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
10 PinG (pin) Bowling using InMoov from my Virtual Robot Project — Parallax Forums

10 PinG (pin) Bowling using InMoov from my Virtual Robot Project

GarethGareth Posts: 278
edited 2015-01-06 07:44 in Robotics
10 PinG Bowling using Virtual InMoov
This is a continuation of a project being developed using myrobotlab software.
[video=youtube_share;kkXAFRP7-UY]
It uses Gael Langevin's InMoov robot mesh data (he kindly sent me the current fully assembled Mesh data).
The joints are controlled by a Parallax Propeller mcu.
The Propeller reads 16 Analogues . ( 2x 3208adc chips)
The Propeller sends the data over a serial link.
Then via PySerial a link is made into the Blender 3d cad package.
Each bit of Analog data is hooked to individual actuators that control the joints via Python code.
The example here is a test to check speeds whilst using Blenders Game logic to control the Dynamics of interacting objects.

The Project is being developed to enable programming of virtual movements and interactions based on actual sensor data like "Kinect" within a controlled Virtual world.
Once the virtual action is tuned by watching the 3d InMoov the live data can be passed to the Actual InMoov robot.
It means that you are not tied to the location of the Life size Actual InMoov.
One plus factor is you can test virtual positioning or arms,shoulders etc and not be afraid to burnout expensive Servos on the Actual InMoov.

Comments

• mindrobotsmindrobots Posts: 6,506
    edited 2015-01-06 07:44
    Once again, very impressive!! This looks like a fun and useful package to play with.

I'm assuming to make it an accurate bowling simulation, you started drinking beer at the start of the simulation.