Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
BS2 OEM boards — Parallax Forums

BS2 OEM boards

WolfbrotherWolfbrother Posts: 129
edited 2014-12-18 08:23 in BASIC Stamp
Hi all,

I have an odd question. What's changed between BS2 OEM rev A2 and BS2 OEM rev B? Besides the color and poured ground planes. I ask because I soldered one of these together, and it didn't work. So, I checked through in the most methodical way I could. I had a rev A2 board so I downloaded to it. I then hooked the rev B board just in case my port wasn't open correctly. No basic stamp found. Then I took out the interpreter and put it in the good board, worked fine in the good board, so back to the bad one. No Basic Stamp found. Then took out the processor, put it into the good board, just fine. Back into the bad board, and No Basic Stamp found. Also swapped the good boards parts into the bad board and they were No Basic Stamp found. Checked the voltages around the board, they all seem fine. I attached directly to Vdd with 5.0V and measured the current at 0.014-0.013A on all three boards. Nothing is getting hot either, which I wouldn't think it was with that current. Checked the resonator and it's pretty close to 20MHz and about 4V. The processor is seeing the resonator and the correct voltages on it's pins per the schematic, so it's ok too.

So, I had another new board and soldered that one together and it's behaving exactly the same way. It looks like the schematic changed in 2008, so I doubt I found something new.

Any ideas what to try next or is there some gotcha on rev B boards that I have missed?

thanks in advance,

Dave

Comments

• WolfbrotherWolfbrother Posts: 129
    edited 2014-12-16 21:42
    I reset computer completely and now they work. I really have no idea why though. I can swap all three units with each other and all of them work without any rebooting.
  • Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2014-12-18 08:23
    It sounds like something happened to the COM Port that was fixed by a reboot.