Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Is it possible to reset the Board of Education USB without the reset button? — Parallax Forums

Is it possible to reset the Board of Education USB without the reset button?

bs2newbiebs2newbie Posts: 1
edited 2014-12-15 14:13 in BASIC Stamp
Hi,
I have some basic electronics background but I have never work with microcontrollers/Basic Stamp before. I am working on a project that uses the BS2 module on a Board of Education USB Rev D together with Emic2 Text to speech module for some audio testing. In order to put everything inside a enclosure I will need to figure out a way to reset the BOE via a switch that will be mounted on the outside. To my understanding I can ground the Reset line on the BS2 using a switch but my BS2 is installed in the socket on the Board of Education USB. I do not want to damage the BS2, is there a way to tap into the reset line while it is in the Board of Education without soldering right onto the pin on the BS2?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2014-12-15 14:13
    You could solder a small wire to the RST pin of the socket for the BS2 or to one of the pins of the Reset pushbutton ... I'm not sure which two pins go to the RST signal line. The other two pins connect to ground.

Most of the time it shouldn't be necessary to reset the Stamp. Sometimes it's easy enough and adequate to unplug the power (Vin) from the Board of Education. When you turn on the power again, the Stamp (and EMic2) will reset.