Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
App controlled Robot using XBee Wifi and Propeller Chip - Page 2 — Parallax Forums

App controlled Robot using XBee Wifi and Propeller Chip

2»

Comments

• Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2015-01-08 18:56
    Yeah, it has to be something particular about the way this app works because I downloaded another Wi-Fi interface app and I can talk to the XBee Wi-Fi no problem.

Also, the port entry fields on the other applications accept decimal input, not hex, so the numbers don't appear to match what is in the S6B, even though the values are the same, due to the S6B using hex input.
  • Kevin_PaceKevin_Pace Posts: 22
    edited 2015-01-09 04:48
    Chris, here are my settings for XCTU:
    Xbee Wifi settings in XCTU:
    1. Baud rate 9600
    2. Data Bits 8
    3. Parity – None
    4. Stop Bits 1
    5. Firmware updated to newest 2021
    6. AH network Infrastructure 2
    7. CE infrastructure – Soft AP mode
    8. IP protocol – TCP1
    9. ID SSID – I just gave this a personal network name (Your phone will find the network and allow a login)
    10. I didn’t assign a password

http://tutorial.cytron.com.my/2014/02/14/xbee-wifi-in-soft-ap-mode/

I found the link above which helped me get the basics setup…

When I connect my phone to the network that the Xbee creates, it allows me to send data that I can see in XCTU

Let me know if this is what you are also getting

Thanks
    Kevin
    edited 2015-01-09 15:37
    Kevin,

As per our phone conversation today I think the best bet is to adapt one of my own examples to your application and provide details that you can use to realize what you're trying to do. I will have this information available this weekend so you can start experimenting with it on Monday. It was nice talking to you today.
  • Kevin_PaceKevin_Pace Posts: 22
    edited 2015-01-11 17:51
    Chris let me extend my thanks for talking with me on Friday. I feel confident that you can now see my purpose for starting this thread. After our conversation, I do believe that your vision is bigger than mine concerning the true operation of the network and the type of app that will be required. I look forward to your solution. Many thanks for all your efforts.
    KP
    edited 2015-01-12 09:41
    Kevin,

No problem. I still need to compile everything. I took a lot of screenshots on my tablet that I need to get sorted out for the app, so I am a little behind on getting the data posted. I will follow-up as soon as I have the information posted though. Will be working on it today in between calls, e-mail and forums.
    edited 2015-01-20 11:18
    Anyone wondering where this project is at can follow the thread on Savage///Circuits where there are a bunch of tutorials with lots of pictures, code examples and more coming.

http://www.savagecircuits.com/showthread.php?659-XBee-Wi-Fi-Robot-Control-via-Android-App