Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Centering Potentiometer — Parallax Forums

Centering Potentiometer

scparleescparlee Posts: 3
edited 2014-12-02 11:14 in Robotics
Hi,

We got sumobots last year for Christmas. After building them last winter, we are now getting into using them. We got one of the sumobots centered without issue. The other one centered on one side. The other side, changes speed when you turn the screw, but never changes direction or centers completely -- to stop.

Any help would be appreciated. :-)

Stephanie

Comments

• Courtney JacobsCourtney Jacobs Posts: 903
    edited 2014-12-02 09:27
    Are you referring to the servo? The part that controls the spinning of the SumoBot wheel?
  • scparleescparlee Posts: 3
    edited 2014-12-02 09:34
    That's correct -- we are trying to center the servo so the wheel will not turn, but one of the three is not centering. It sounds different from the other three servos as well. We are setting up a pair.

Thank you for your help. :-)

Steph
  • Courtney JacobsCourtney Jacobs Posts: 903
    edited 2014-12-02 10:42
    This sounds like you might have gotten a bad servo. Please send an email to sales@parallax.com (or call 888-512-1024 in USA, (916) 624-8333 outside USA) with your name, the issue you've encountered, and your shipping information so that we can arrange to have a replacement sent out.

If you could, please also let them know in the email that you spoke to me on the forums about a replacement servo, because I have already given them a heads-up that you'd be contacting them.
  • scparleescparlee Posts: 3
    edited 2014-12-02 11:14
    Thank you so much for your help, Courtney. :-) I sent them an email and referenced our conversation.

Kind regards,

Stephanie