Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Healthcare Monitoring — Parallax Forums

Healthcare Monitoring

kidkid Posts: 19
edited 2015-02-09 17:13 in Robotics
Hi guys .....
can someone help me with my project ..I'm kind of stuck ..
I have these :
http://www.parallax.com/product/32900
http://learn.parallax.com/KickStart/28048
http://media.digikey.com/pdf/Data Sheets/Parallax PDFs/28047_Web.pdf

I need spin codes for receiving heart beats and calculating the rate per minute and showing the result on the terminal or on the 7-segments

please .............................

Comments

• GordonMcCombGordonMcComb Posts: 3,366
    edited 2014-11-15 18:37
    You have everything you need already. The Learn page has the Spin code to receive a heartbeat. The code will work for a Propeller BOE. All you need to do is set up a six second timer and count the number of pulses received. Multiply that by 10, and that's pulses per minute.

Since the idea of a project is to learn how to do it yourself, you should concentrate on how to create a timer in Spin that can count events over a specified period of time. There are plenty of examples here, and some ready-made objects on OBEX that can do this.

The Learn code already prints the result to the serial terminal.
  • kidkid Posts: 19
    edited 2014-11-17 14:32
    Thank you .................
    I tried..........but...do I need additional micro-controller to create a timer ?
  • GordonMcCombGordonMcComb Posts: 3,366
    edited 2014-11-17 17:03
    Like I said, you have everything already.

For a headstart, you could check out some of the activities on learn.parallax.com. Does it have to be Spin? If you're allowed to do your project in Propeller C you could try this page:

http://learn.parallax.com/multicore-approaches

and the tutorials linked from it. Several examples of setting up a separate cog with its own timer. And that's only one way to do it (but is my favorite, as it uses the multi-core strength of the Propeller).
    edited 2015-01-18 15:26
    Thank you

one more question : how to send measurements of sensor wirelessly through an access point to the server ?
    using spin codes?
    edited 2015-01-26 15:30
    how to wire up and code (spin) XBee Wi-Fi S6B on propeller board of education to send measurements of LM34 Temperature Sensor to xbee wifi cloud kit ??
    I saw the example on digi.com ....I did the steps but doesn't work ?? may be I wired wrong ..?
    help ...please .....................I don't have much time.................................................................................
  • ElectrodudeElectrodude Posts: 1,644
    edited 2015-01-26 16:54
    Can you post your code as a Propeller Archive? If you're using Propeller Tool, there's a menu option for it, I think in the File menu. PropellerIDE probably also has a similar feature.
    edited 2015-01-26 20:15
    I just have LM34 Temperature Sensor DEMO ...and xbee object 1 .....
    edited 2015-01-26 21:30
    And you haven't modified it any of the code at all? Or are you not sure how to link the LM34 temperature sensor to the xbee?

Have you configured your xbee properly/at all? Is this a normal xbee or a wifi one? The xbee object I assume you're using only supports normal ones, but I'm sure it could be easily modified to work with wifi xbees.
    edited 2015-01-27 14:47
    it is XBee Wi-Fi S6B it is connected I checked on https://login.etherios.co.uk/login.do.........and the sensor is working
    but I'm not sure how to link the LM34 temperature sensor to the xbee............wiring...coding..!!
    I create an account on xbee wifi cloud then added temperature widget ...but it doesn't get readings from the sensor...!
  • kwinnkwinn Posts: 8,697
    edited 2015-01-28 07:27
    Do you have the LM34 wired properly and the output connected to one of the analog input pins on the XBee? The code will have to set up that pin as an analog input.
    edited 2015-01-28 09:19
    I don't know ...that what I'm asking about how to wire and codes ??!!
    edited 2015-01-28 19:31
    how to code(spin) sending data (measurements of sensors) to IP address or to file using XBee Wi-Fi S6B ??
    please help.......................
    edited 2015-01-28 20:48
    Do you have any code at all so far? Do you know Spin? If not, you'll need to learn it before you do anything else.

Earlier you said that you might have wired it wrong, which implies that you already have a circuit. Can you please post a schematic, description, or picture of your circuit so we can know whether or not you wired it correctly? Can you post a link to the example you used on digi.com?

Are the LM34 to XBee relay and the heartbeat monitor the same project or are they separate? If they are related, did you get the heartbeat monitor working or do you still need help with that?

Please give us as many details as possible so we can understand your problem better.
    edited 2015-01-29 17:38
    Sorry but I'm a beginner .............it is the same project heartbeat and temperature sensors............the sensors are working I get the results on parallax serial terminal
    my problem is how to use xbee with them ?
    how to send the results to the cloud to any IP address ?
    what is the codes that makes xbee send results to the cloud ?
    edited 2015-01-29 18:57
    So you want to collect data from your heartbeat and temperature sensors and send it to a server somewhere? What kind of protocol does the server want you to use? What service are you using? Do you have documentation on how to talk to the server or example code (in any language) that talks to the server?

I would recommend first getting all of your sensors to print their data to PST (Parallax Serial Terminal). That part sounds easier and should help you get the hang of the Propeller and C before you move on to the more difficult part of sending it over the internet.

On rereading your post, you seem to imply that you got the LM34 working. Did you? Can you get all of the data you want to eventually send over the internet to the terminal?

If you're still having trouble with your sensors, can you post your code?

I've worked with normal non-wifi xbees and know something about their protocol. I'll see how hard it would be to make the XBee library I use work with wifi xbees. Do you have a link to Digi's wifi example?
    edited 2015-01-29 19:45
    the sensors are working on pst ........I need to send data of one sensor for now to the cloud ......I'm using http://www.digi.com/support/productdetail?pid=5585&type=software
    and I did this http://ftp1.digi.com/support/documentation/90002196-88_B.pdf
    I can see on device cloud that xbee is connected
    but I don't know how to use it to send data !!!
    edited 2015-01-30 16:03
    Oh, I see. I didn't realize the cloud service you're using is Digi's own service. That should be simpler than I was afraid it might have been. Can you manually send data with the XBee, with XCTU or a serial connection or something?
    edited 2015-02-09 17:13
    Yes I can ......I can send data to xbee wifi cloud kit terminal.......
    but I want to send it to a specific server which has a database to store readings.....
    how I can do that ?
    and how I can reset the xbee on BoE when I want to use different access point ?