Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Radio-link water pump control system. — Parallax Forums

Radio-link water pump control system.

LA6WNALA6WNA Posts: 138
edited 2016-12-11 19:51 in Robotics
Hi all.
Just thought I would share some pictures and info about this "in-a-hurry" -project. This system controls water pumps via radio-link.
See my homepage for info: http://arnevik1.no/Radiolink.htm

Have fun! :smile:

Comments

• kwinnkwinn Posts: 8,697
    edited 2014-11-07 19:46
    Nice project Peter. How long did it take to get it built and running?
  • LA6WNALA6WNA Posts: 138
    edited 2014-11-08 13:19
    First program version where up running the same night as the lightning hit the cable, but there was some testing and improvements before the final programme hit the PropBoard.
    Then we had to wait for the other tnings we needed before we could put it up in the mountain. You know, solar panel, voltage reg, sealed boxes etc... Guess it all took about a week and a half before we could call it "up running". In that period, we ran the pumps manually and just pumped the water to overflow the tanks. That said, it`s been working all fine afther that. It also survived a second thunderstorm that hit us a week afther we mounted the radio link. So, now I hope the system will just roll on through the winter. It will be burried under 2m of snow until March-April 2015 so I hope I won`t have to dig it up to repair it..... :lol:
  • Dr_AculaDr_Acula Posts: 5,484
    edited 2014-11-08 14:51
    Fantastic project! Only a week and a half to build, and all built so neatly. Looks great :)