Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Propeller JukeBOT — Parallax Forums

Propeller JukeBOT

JGlielmiJGlielmi Posts: 3
edited 2014-11-24 09:05 in Accessories
I have recently purchased all the required parts to assemble this project. downloaded all materials and source code.
I have followed the instructions completely and nothing happens,
the only difference I have is my XBee modules have the wire they are the XBee 1mW Wire Antenna (XB24-AWI-001) (32405) modules.
I am assuming the coding would be identical for these and the PC antenna modules. if it is not can someone tell me where in the coding I would have to change
to get them to function? I can see all my inputs in the serial terminal but the BOT does not respond

Thank you in advance for any help

Comments

• Cluso99Cluso99 Posts: 18,069
    edited 2014-11-06 11:40
    Welcome to the forums.
    You need to repost in either the propeller forum (this is for the new propeller 2 which is in development) or the wireless forum.
    Sorry i cannot help you.
  • Courtney JacobsCourtney Jacobs Posts: 903
    edited 2014-11-06 13:19
    No need to repost.

This thread is being moved to the Wireless forum.
  • Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2014-11-06 14:32
    Did you use the X-CTU software to change any of the XBee settings? By default the modules should communicate with each other without changing anything, but if you did it might be that one is different from the other in some way.
  • JGlielmiJGlielmi Posts: 3
    edited 2014-11-21 23:07
    actually I have not changed a thing from the original condition as shipped from the parallax store. I'm a newbie to robotics programming and was using this as a way to brush up on my programming skills.
  • Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2014-11-24 09:05
    Well, you could place each module (one at a time) into the USB Adapter and in X-CTU you could load the default settings (I would also check for firmware updates) and then the modules will have the same settings for sure and should connect no problem, assuming that is the issue. I could very well be a wiring issue too. Always re-check your connections. Perhaps swapped RX/TX pins?