Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
hello there — Parallax Forums

hello there

ghostoftheshellghostoftheshell Posts: 1
edited 2014-11-04 15:44 in Robotics
hello everyone

im a guy thats new to the forum and that is also heavily interested in robot development and making my own eventually. i randomly found this forum a couple nights ago and im excited to find so many different discussions around this topic. looking foward to dicussing and sharing wisdom with you all

ghostoftheshell

Comments

• ercoerco Posts: 20,255
    edited 2014-11-03 23:27
    Welcome gots. Grab a Boebot or Activity bot and come on in, the water's fine. :)
  • Bill HenningBill Henning Posts: 6,445
    edited 2014-11-04 08:03
    Welcome to the forum!

The Parallax propeller is excelent for controlling robots, the eight cores and Obex make things help a lot.
    hello everyone

im a guy thats new to the forum and that is also heavily interested in robot development and making my own eventually. i randomly found this forum a couple nights ago and im excited to find so many different discussions around this topic. looking foward to dicussing and sharing wisdom with you all

ghostoftheshell
  • Duane DegnDuane Degn Posts: 10,588
    edited 2014-11-04 15:44
    Building and programming robots is a lot of fun and IMO, the Propeller makes making robots even more fun.

Parallax sells a lot robot kits which can make it easier to get started with robotics but it doesn't take much money to build a robot on your own.

I posted some of my ideas on how make an inexpensive robot in this thread.

Once you have your robot moving around, the next thing to do is to see if you can get it to drive in a figure 8. Make sure to make a video of your figure 8 attempt so you can add it to this thread where many of us have posted videos of our robots performing figure 8's.

I have a list of links I think are useful in my "index". Post #3 of my index includes links to tutorials on using the Propeller. There are links to many of my projects in post #2 of my index. Many of these projects are robotics related.

Did you a particular type of robot in mind?