Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
help wanted — Parallax Forums

help wanted

thumper1313thumper1313 Posts: 1
edited 2014-11-28 13:19 in Robotics
I am new to spin and have a Quickstart board #40000 rev a and i picked up a camera shield from radio shack(2760248) and could not figure the pinouts for it and didnt know if there is any spin code out there to get it to work

Comments

• Duane DegnDuane Degn Posts: 10,588
    edited 2014-11-02 14:42
    I am new to spin and have a Quickstart board #40000 rev a and i picked up a camera shield from radio shack(2760248) and could not figure the pinouts for it and didnt know if there is any spin code out there to get it to work

thumper1313, first off welcome to the forum. Secondly you used a really bad thread title.

"help wanted" sounds like you're looking to employ someone. If everyone looking for help just titled their threads with "help", "help please" or "help wanted" it would be very hard to know what a thread is about by looking at the title.

It's also helpful if you can provide links to items you're asking about. Personally I'd prefer to see a link to the QuickStart's page but that's not hard to find for people familiar with Parallax products. I couldn't find information about the camera board even though you provide the product ID #.

Apparently the camera board outputs a photo compressed in a jpg format. It is likely possible to to use the QS to save this file to a SD card but the QS wouldn't be able to display the image.

When I was new to microcontrollers (about five years ago), I purchased a similar camera. I have yet to use it. There are lots of other camera type devices which are easier to use with a Propeller than one which generates jpg formatted data.

In post #4 of my "index" I list some of the machine vision options I've come across for the Propeller. One of the cameras listed there would likely be a better match for your QuickStart board.

If all you want to do use the camera board as a camera, then it should be possible to do so with the QuickStart and some way of storing the generated jpg image.
  • edited 2014-11-28 13:19
    RadioShack 2760248 is a Camera Board for Arduino. There is a link to support files on the product page.

Google radioshack +2760248 for a link to the product page.

My only interest was the challenge of finding the product so I won't be any help with 'figuring it all out'.

Sandy