Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Stamp 2p and buttons — Parallax Forums

Stamp 2p and buttons

edited 2014-11-03 07:19 in BASIC Stamp
I am working on a project on a BS2p, and attempting to test a button circuit. I have the circuit set up as "active High". To test it I am using the generic button program that downloads with the Parallax software, and modified the pin # to the correct pin, and changed the BUTTON command so that the pin is active high.
And it doesn't work....I get no "*" at all.
I have tested the circuit, and there is power to the button, the ground is properly connected, and the current does go to the set pin when the button is pushed.
AND I have connected the same exact setup to a BS2 (the green ones) with the same changes to the program, and it works fine.
Anyone know what's up? I am testing on the MAINIO side, and ruled out that I am addressing the wrong pin...

Comments

• NWCCTVNWCCTV Posts: 3,629
    edited 2014-11-02 14:07
    Are you setting the Stamp IDE Directive for BS2P? Also, Just a suggestion, it is not usually a good idea to use your email address as a user name. You may end up with lots of unexpected SPAM.
  • ercoerco Posts: 20,256
    edited 2014-11-02 18:40
    Welcome bzoo2005: Questions:

Are you using a clean 5V external power source or the onboard 5V regulator?

Your BS2P is known good, including the input pin you are using? If there is any possibility that you damaged that pin, try another.

You have a high-value pulldown resistor (~10K) from the input pin to ground, a ~220-ohm resistor in series with said input pin, and your switch/button intermittently connects that pin to +5V?

Have you tested the voltage at the pin with a multimeter while you press the button to verify 0V and 5V?

If you remove your switch circuit from the pin and hardwire a 220 ohm resistor from the pin to ground, does the pin read low?

If you remove your switch circuit from the pin and hardwire a 220 ohm resistor from the pin to +5V, does the pin read high?
  • edited 2014-11-03 07:19
    NWCCTV wrote: »
    Are you setting the Stamp IDE Directive for BS2P? Also, Just a suggestion, it is not usually a good idea to use your email address as a user name. You may end up with lots of unexpected SPAM.

Thanks for the reply! I did change the directive also..well, I forgot once and the download prompted me to select the correct chip, and then I did!
    True about the user name...didn't consider that...though using the ex's email seems like a good idea... :)