Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Arlo Power Supply for 7.4v bot — Parallax Forums

Arlo Power Supply for 7.4v bot

rogersydrogersyd Posts: 222
edited 2014-10-22 06:22 in Robotics
Hello all,

I am interested in using an Arlo for my stingray. Since this puppy is a kit, it should be easy enough to replace the regulator and other components to accept 7.4 battery input and provide the output jacks with 7.4/ 5v/3v instead of 12/6.5/5 as designed out of the box. Has anyone else considered this path, or am I barking up the wrong tree here? I imagine I would need to do some math to figure out the replacment component values, but is there anything inherent in the design of this product to prevent me from accomplishing this?

Thanks in advance for any input.

Comments

• PublisonPublison Posts: 12,366
    edited 2014-10-21 07:52
    Looks like you would just have to change the 6.5 DC-DC converter to a 3V3 DC-DC converter. The 5 volts is already available, (and will work with the LDO regulator at 7.4 volts). The 12 volt out is just the output from the battery, in your case 7.4 volt, no regulation. I bet you could keep the same components in the DC-DC circuit.
  • rogersydrogersyd Posts: 222
    edited 2014-10-22 06:22
    Thanks for the input and advice Publison. I will move forward with my plan and post my results here when it is all said and done.